1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

not trying to start another blue war. Just have a question.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by renegadepit, Jun 26, 2007.

1. renegadepit

renegadepit Big Dog

*Have a question.

*Edit-removed irrelevant info

So like I stated on a previous post I like game lines. Of course I like blues, but if I was to buy a gamedog here are some of my favorites in order.
    1) Jeep, Tab maybe a 75% Jeep or higher
    2) Eli
    3) Sorrells
    4) Pat Patrick
    5) Zebo (Lonzo looked good)
    6) Frisco chinman
    7) Wildside looks like the produce good dogs.
    8) I also like that Mayday dog

I paid 1,200.00 for my dog. ($1,200.00 ain't bad being that you could go to a mall where they finance dogs like boxers and chihuahuas for like 5-10K)
    My question is...
    If I was to buy a pup from when of the above bloodlines. What are the prices. I've never looked
    How much does someone like Pat Patrick charge for a pup.
    Whats the avg price to get a pup with the bloodlines above?

*Edit by 14rock. Removed irrelevant blue comments.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2007
  2. SJBPolo28

SJBPolo28 Banned

500-1000 is a good assumption.

3. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

only differance on the above mentioned lines you get what you pay for..you buy an apbt and you get an apbt..i wont comment on the blue part..i dont know if they charge per pound or ped.

4. Searcy Jeff

Searcy Jeff Top Dog

I couldn't stop laughing when I read this. HaHa. Sounds like the price of lobster during the offseason months.

5. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I don't know if the price changes per bloodline or what. I've seen people say that $300-500 is a good price for a pup. I paid more than that for mine, but I also count what they're paying for with the parents. If the breeder has paid for an assload of health certs and campaigned the dog in the show/working events for a long time, price on the pups is going to be higher.

6. LOL LOL you got some funny ass one liners. Market price Blues! LOL LOL

7. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

PP was 1000 last I checked, you'd have to call him for more details.

As far as I know, the "Willie" dog now owned by str8up kennels (registered as Wildesides Willie) is the only Jeep dog bred that tightly, around 76% if I remember correctly. It would be tough keeping around 75%, if even possible, and further...there wouldn't be much point inbreeding it just for that percentage. I understand Willie is a good producer (POR), but that is surely due to good bitches backed up to him. Breed for paper and percentages, you normally won't get anything decent if using sub-standard specimens, but that should be a given.

Most of the breeders you mentioned who have proven year after year they can produce good dogs, are around 1000, give or take.

You can find many people breeding similarly bred dogs, which look just as good on paper, but very few can produce as consistently as these fellas-and that's what your paying for. Buy 5-6 $500 pups to get a good one, or 1-2 $1000 pups?

Southern Kennels (Mayday) charges a bit more, and is out of the country.

With most of these guys, it's all a matter of asking yourself if it's worth it to go to the source and pay a bit more, or some joe down the street who had dogs off that yard 3 generations ago. That's something you will have to decide, personally, I'd go to the source while it's still around.

8. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I will have to respectfully disagree w/ this comment. I run some of the best Lonzo lines out there & I price my pups at about $400 - $500. I do this so that ppl will work my dogs, not b/c my dogs are of lesser quality. When you get folks paying $1000 + for a pup many ppl will not work the pup b/c they don't want to lose their investment. I figure if I keep my prices at a reasonable level, a person won't be afraid to work their dog b/c losing a $400 dog is not like losing a $1000 one.

JMHO ...

9. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

Re: *Have a question.

I have found that this is bullshit to pay that much for a Damn Pup! Here's a little story I will share. Some Boys from SC bought some pups from WSK some years back and paid 700 for each. Later when the dogs were ready to be shown some good old boys introduced them into some Buckshot dogs off Frisco that put them WSK dogs down in a hurry. Once they forund out how much the buckshot dogs had cost they said to hell with WSK and that B-line BaBaBabullshit...Same thing with some boys that came out of the Islands to buy dogs from WSK and same thing happend to them and they turned to the frisco blood after they got their asses handed to them. These were dogs bred 2 and 3 gens after Frisco and were not bredings T.G. done, just good culling and real dogmen doing the right thing!

1 person likes this.
  10. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

For one thing, if someones selling you a dog, its not the baddest dog he's got or he wouldnt have sold it in the first place. And second, If a mans got good stock, he's gonna want to keep that shit in the circle..Not sell the SOB to Joe Shmo and have to go back into him a few years down the road. Good luck finding a Dog-Man dumb enough to sell/give your ass a good dog. Just tell him you have/breed blue dogs, he'll LOVE you for that.

11. Re: *Have a question.

I agree. I don't sell anything and if I did I would'nt lie to you about the quality of the dog, if I wanted to get rid of it its cause it's not worthy of a spot on my yard so I'd be essentially selling my second rate animals. I just don't do that. So if someone wanted somthing off my yard their gonna have to make it worth my while. I don't need the money or agree with peddling so I can't see myself selling anything I got right now for less than $10,000. If you wanna pay that much it might be worth my while and you'll be getting a bulldog but I still probobly wouldn't sell it. They are worth far more to me here. "A bulldog in the hand is worth alot more than two in the bush to me."

12. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

Going back into the dog you sold would be a dream come true to a good dogger! Because he knows his dogs and how to best condition them for an event such as that!

13. With that said, anyone want to get rid of a dog? I will give it a loving home...

14. Re: *Have a question.

Good post...I like it...lol...BaBaBabullshit. Simply, but thats what it is....:D

15. bulldogv

bulldogv Pup

Your gonna have to pay foe a good dog. Look for a cross first from two parents that are producing well. POR or Rom dogs in the second generation. Dogs that are producing well hold these designations and the offspring are most likely gonna work out for you. Beware of the peddler. Look for good traits. Im not talking about conformation. Mouth, wind, athleticism. The gameness should be there because the parents are producing. The tight bred and inbred dogs are not for the novice and can be more than a handful keeping them alive. Last one I dealt with was a monster, brother to sister. This bitch was fire at 4 months. She would fight her tail. I mean till it was gone. Downright disturbing. After you find about th real APBT youll throw rocks at those blue slobber hounds.

16. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

lmao ......

17. NOLEFAN

NOLEFAN Guest

I paid a $100 bucks for the best dog I have ever had, and she is a Boudreaux dog. Now granted it was from a dear friend of mine, but still. I would never pay thousands of dollars for a dog that couldn't even get the chance to earn the money back because of federal law, and I would never pay that much for a dog no matter how much the owner blew smoke up my rear because of the simple fact that they can't be tested in the right way. The majority of breeders make all sorts of claims about their dogs and talk about culling, and the breeding of only quality proven dogs, but have never tested them because of it being illegal and all the while struttin around talking about gameness. If I breed, I keep 'em, never sell them. If they ain't worth breeding they are spayed and nuetured and yet they still stay and are used for other things. I used a dog that help me out around the house by carrying the tool belt, he loves it. He gets to live and serve a purpose and work. If it is a birth defect, then culling is the only way.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2007
  18. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

lol, it's funny you say that, the best dog I ever owned I paid $150 for.

But I have many time heard ppl say they don't want to hunt a dog b/c they paid $1000 for it. When they pay that type of $$$ they want to breed the dog & get their investment back, not chance losing it in a hunt.

I do breed, but when I breed it's for myself & not the public. I keep what I can & I give others to friends. If I have any left over after that, I will sell a few to select homes. But again, I keep my prices at working man's level b/c I do not want the purchase price to keep a man from working his dog.

The bottom line is if you want a dog from game bloodlines, don't be in a hurry, do your research & don't settle for second best. You can find the exact dog fitting your exact specs if you are patient & look hard.

I can't tell you how many ppl that were dismayed to find I was selling game bred blues for $400 after they paid $1200 for their blue mutt! ;)

But they were so enraptured w/ those blues they didn't do any homework, didn't look at other breeders, didn't seek out any underground breeders & in the end, they got burned.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2007
  19. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

Good point, but the stuff we have now I wouldnt want to go back into period. Thats just me. Ive seen it work and there are other avenues I could take...

20. renegadepit

renegadepit Big Dog

Before my blues. The first pit I bought was a red nose with some Wallace blood in it and I paid $250.00 for it. Just wanted to know what the rates are now for good game blood.