1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Noses

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by chinasmom, Jan 13, 2006.

1. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

:confused: I got a question about noses and colors. Some sights say the nose has to be all colored, others say speckling is OK. What do any of you know about this.

2. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Its nothing I would worry about. If you're talking about a nose that is black with pink spots or vice versa, I think they call that a dudley nose. The ADBA standard doesn't go into nose color that I saw, and the UKC says "Nose may be any color." Hope that helps.

3. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

It differs from club to club. What some clubs think is OK, others may not. A dudley nose is pink or flesh colored. They are considered a fault b/c they are caused by lack of pigment in the nose leather. A colored nose (black, blue, red, etc.) w/ pink spots is called a butterfly nose & usually accepted, as most butterfly noses will fill in w/ time.

Here is a link that may help:

http://www.ashgi.org/color/Aussie_noses.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2006