1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Norrod line

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by jay-the-pit-man, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does anyone know if the Norrod line any good anymore. I looked over his page and I know at one point they were good dogs but I'm not sure how they are now.

2. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

why take other folks opinions of someone else stock. why not just talk to the scorce from witch you inquire about. what more can you ask from a dogman by now you should know there accomplishments."a dipshit with a great dog will show piss poor.a great dogman with avg dog will make it look great" so it really don't matter what you here because it's all up to you at the end of the day. sure you can go buy a pup from a hot shot that is breeding other folks stock. or you can get a pup from a kennel that been breeding there own stock over 30 years.

3. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Ben, why are you always so hateful?? I'm pretty sure at some point that you have asked someone about a particular line or two at some point.. I don't think there's a reason to be hateful...

To the OP, Iron Line has had some great dogs, and some not so great dogs, just like anyone, A lot of people don't like I.M. a few ppl do, the guy behind the dogs is crazy smart about the breed and history and such and has always been a nice guy to me, some he has not been... I like him, his dogs, and what he has done for our breed... Yes I have some of his earlier blood in my dogs ped. Way back, so take what I say for what it's worth, just a gain of salt... But just because you ask for one, don't expect to get top notch stock, you have to earn it...

4. SFK

SFK Top Dog

This response is NOT directed at ANY one kennel or Breeder... Why take other folks opinion? Because they are'nt trying to sell you something. Yes going to the source is one place to verify quality; It is also were you find & have to deal with Kennel Blindness to the 10th Power! If you want to find out about a certain kennels line of dogs, Talk to as many people working with the blood as you can. Not just breeding it. & Don't just go off the breeders referrals. Do your Homework & talk to people who can give you a completely unbiased opinion. Breeders are experts at one thing. Their dogs! & because of that they have a hard time seeing the negatives for what they are at times.

5. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

when you ask folks there opinon thats what you get there opinon. and opinons have nothing to do with the TRUTH. you get sold someone else feelings about a dog,line,kennel and most times they have only seen a few dogs from a line.most of the time you ask someone you will get a kennel blind answer becuase they tell you what they like. every time i have talked to Ik never one time have they say anything bad about a bloodline or try to sell me a dog. matter a fact there dogs were never talked about not once.

6. Knightmare

Knightmare Big Dog

When others are asked about a bloodline they will say it is garbage and mine are the greatest bloodline ever to look through a collar and should use what they have.

Ben is right, you start at the source.
    "Closer to the source, fresher the water."

I have to laugh when a person doesn't have a mind of their own and have to ask others for their opinion to help make up their mind what they should buy.

I know for a fact if you have doubts or you troll the Internet billboards quizzing others about I.K. dogs, you won't get one from there.
    I.K. is of the opinion they want their dogs only going to people they are sure who wants them and not to people who has to get other people's approval first.

As for those who do or those who don't like the owner of I.K., he could care less because the business isn't a personal popularity contest but about the dogs and what they have achieved.

To O.P. if you can find dogs where every great grand parent of the pups are champions then you need to buy them from them.
    Because that is what you are asking.
    What has been done with them lately...

When you have All-Around champions in the pedigree then you are looking at dogs that "Complete Packet" dogs.
    In this case of the pedigree, they are mostly based off Ch. Dutchess who was the only recognized "All Around Champion" female in history.

Do them and your self a favor, since you are not sure, don't bother them or waste your time. You will be influenced by every hater and they will regret ever selling you a pup.
    Now this way both will stay happy.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2009
  7. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

I have seen some questionable dogs from this line. If i were to get any of this blood i would god to the source. That option is still there so I would go there before anywere else. As stated the man been breeding the same blood longer then i been alive. Don't see much reason in searching else were... JMO.

Vic

8. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

Don't see whats so "Hatefull". I would go directly to the sourse. 30yrs of experence weighs heavy.

Vic

9. Knightmare

Knightmare Big Dog

Actually, 50+ years with the breed, third generation.
    40+ years with their main bloodline.

I have found more often then not, the questionable dogs are from other breeders using the bloodline.

If anyone has been on their website and read the brochure link,
    they have also read their public written "Policy and Guarantee".
    How many kennels you know who has a public written Guarantee and will advertise it.
    How many people can say they never honored it?

10. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

I stand corrected...Even more reason to get the dogs from the source.

Vic

11. Knightmare

Knightmare Big Dog

Thanks Victor for your input but I think it is to late IMO for them to obtain anything. JMO and feelings.

When you don't have to breed dogs for a living, people can place their dogs where they want and if a person has to come to the Internet for reassurement, I can assure them I.K. won't be selling an insecure person anything. :)

12. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

Sounds like I.K. got the right idea Sir, I would deal the same.

Vic

13. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

I agree that the main thing you have to do is goto the source and make your own opinion. However, there is no harm in asking others opinion. Asking other peoples opinion of a kennel and wanting someone to tell you if should buy a pup. If i talk to 20 people with experience with the line and 19 tell me negative things about the line(not saying this line is bad) then i am gonna keep that in mind. Some "breeders" are really salesmen and alot of them are good at it. Nothing one person tells me is gonna make or break a deal when it comes to making a purchase. Thats just me tho....

14. Knightmare

Knightmare Big Dog

I can understand your position of an unknown breeder or kennel, but that isn't the case.

I will say this again, maybe you and others will catch it this time,,,,,,,

On the website there is advertised Policy and Guarantee.
    Now if you can name 19 people who will state this breeder hasn't honored this, then I can understand.
    You can't, so that IS the point!

The harm is this, if a person isn't secure with the information from the breeder, from the add, conversation or website to come on to the Internet for reassurement, IMO they don't to even own a APBT.
    The ONLY thing they hope to do is silicate negative responses to secure their indecisiveness to purchase in the first place.

This is what is wrong with the breed today, people influenced by others, insecure and don't know what they really want.

Dream Pits, personally I'm a little surprise for the slant on your response considering how many times you have P.M. me on this very subject.:confused:

15. Knightmare

Knightmare Big Dog

A friend of mine named Jessie Boggs would get phones calls about information of his dogs.
    I would sit there and listen to him speak to them for a long period of time and answer every single question they asked to their fullest comprehension.

Now after wasting his time by him being so thorough they would say,

Now this is a dead give away of a window shopper wasting a person time,

They would say to him, "Well let me talk it over with my (partner or wife) and I will back to you.

Jessie would say "You should have done that before you called and had me on this phone all this time. Next time you call someone, get their permission first before you call!".

16. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

It isn't open for debate.
    It is over and done with.
    I don't owe no one an explanation.
    Good luck and hope you find what you want surfing the Net.....:D

17. Well... there is no reason to be spiteful. I was asking a simple question. For your info I was curious about the line. My father was a gamedog breeder and I grew up with. I know about the history of the line but that was then and this is now. Have you ever bought anything from someone and researched it before. IT'S CALLED SMART BUYING. What I get rocks thrown at me for doing some research and not being ignorant. SERIOUSLY. OK so you can find 19 people who weren't happy, well I don't know 1 that was in the last 10 years. Thats why I asked. NO POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE FEED Back. I breed ELI DOGS through a family blend of Boudreax and Nigerino blood. I have much exp. with them and own some excellent specimens. The only other dogs I own come from Ozzie Steven's stock(who I respect very much) that my father acquired some time ago. I was interested in owning a piece of history but I wanted to make sure it was was as it was years ago. For example, I can have some of the best dogs right now but if I dont MAINTAIN(key word) the line. It will be crap in a few generations. Iv'e never witnessed these dogs excel at anything and I LOOK BEFORE I LEAP. I'M NOT A BLIND FAITH TYPE OF GUY. I think it shows that I think before I make a decision since I asked around before I made a purchase. A biased person is usually a kennel blind person(we can all see who that is). I will not bash these dogs because I've seen nothing bad but I've also seen none at all. Nothing against Iron Mike because I always respect someone with that much experience, but I just wanted to find out if the line was still making an impact TODAY. Thanks

18. jetson

jetson Big Dog

man alot of hateful things lol jus be calm.....i guess we as aggressive as the dogs on the chains lmao:) j.k j.k nice read it so true about stating opinions....

19. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

the man behind the dog is the biggest factors. no matter what bloodline you have it will only be as successful as the man behind it. the truth don't lie a lot of us run the same bloodlines but some dogs are a world apart. if folks are truly serious about there stock they don't ask for opinions. they take action by going out & finding the folks that have what they want. looking for the truth with there own 2 eyes because the only opinion that matter is your own.

20. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

After years of the window shopping and people trying to degrade a breeders name i can imagine how frustrating this is to a breeder. I am not aware of the details from this current situation. Obviously i dont have the experience in the game so i was speaking from the other side. The side of peole who mybe arent familar with all the breeders and who has done what. I guess this is another learning experience. But i can be frustrating being new to the game trying to get in jus as situations can get frustrating for well known breeders. Would i ever make a thread like this? No, especially knowing what IM has brought to the game. Thats out of respect but thats just me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.