1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Noob From Tx

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by uaintreadypitz, Sep 25, 2007.

1. simms

simms CH Dog

Your dog is to young to learn to work the spring pole. Is that pup fully vaccinated? Even if that pup is fully vaccinated she is to young to be exposed to other aniamls that dont belong in your house. You need to learn the basics of care before you learn anything else.

2. She Is The Only Animal In My House She Has All Her Shots And Is Fed More Than Enough This Isn't My First Pit Just My 1st American I Take Care Of My Dogs Very Well But Thanks For Your Opinion

3. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

Talk to Lethal Pits...I believe he does some of that..Good luck

4. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

The only way to make your dog like that (unless she is an American Bully) is too feed her way too much, and never let her exercise, which I really don't recommend at all. It would be very unhealthy for her.

5. fitzpit

fitzpit Big Dog

Wow - Im glad my blue doesnt look like that. looks smooshed? I've never seen one of these bully dogs as a pup before, its no wonder they are considered a seperate breed.
    The pup you have is much better looking and probably more healthy.
    Just let it be a pup- it will grow into what it should be.
    Then you can think about springpole ect.

ChiaPit likes this.
  6. no man it's cool i don't mind.

to the OP screamin eagle gave good advice don't rush it. let the dog be a pup and be happy. you seem very excited about the new pup and that's great but don't rush it into adulthood. ditch the puppy chow QUICK, and get some canidae all life stages and feed that till 1 year. forget about the b12 shots too. just my opinion.

good luck, and welcome to the site.

7. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Good Lord what are ya'll sending my way lol.

Man, like I told you in PMs, hang time starts with spring pole, but I had no idea you were talking about a pup.

Just let that pup grow up. Do alot of tug of war (which is about all you can do right now) and maybe some jump and catch. Give that pup at least a good 7 months before you start seriously working her(like a spring pole).

As far for putting weight and whatnot, that pup looks fine to me, just switch her to a high quality food which was already suggested.

That wide and large look you are wanting comes from a different type of dog, I don't think that pup is going to have that stature.

If your into hangtime and spring pole work, bully blood is normally not the way to go. You might get lucky, but most have low ability.

BTW, they are not "American" bloodlines because of the way they look. Those athletic looking dogs you are being shown pictures of are bred down from the original american pitbull terriers. I guess they'd be the "original" looking pit?

8. First of all, welcome to the board!

Second, I was a little stunned. shocked if you may, by the first post, so I have not read any other posts in this thread, so what I am about to say, has probably been said already, and if so, I apologize....

OK...from looking at these pics that you have posted, this pup does not need to gain weight...she looks like she is over weight, but i am guessing that is most likely blaot, from the food she is being fed.

Purina is probably the worst food you could ever feed. You need to get her on a quality kibble such as Innova, Timber Wolf, hell even Canidae or Nutro for that matter, would be better than Purina...Purina is nothing but corn, and has animal digest in it...(yuck) You need to change feed PRONTO!

As far as the B12 goes....I would not worry about that at all...her proplem is NOTHING that a GOOD feed will not cure!

I am aslo trying to figure out how much you would ilke this dog to weigh, because you state she needs to eat more, and you want her appetite increased...:confused: Maybe it is the pics, or my eyes, but like I said before, aside from the bloated part of her, she lokos to be overweight already....

The norm weight or average weight..is usually under 50lbs...there are some that weigh in at 60 and they are fine, it is part of what they are....But the MOST common average weight is between 35-50lbs.

Please do not administer meds beofoe you take the time to learn a great deal about them...there are a lot of them that can be harmful if not fatal if not used properly, or for the right reasons....

Stick around this board and you will find a lot of help, but I first suggest you switch feeds and feed a REASONABLE amount....

9. simms

simms CH Dog

This isn't your first pit...LOL well I dont know about you, but I deal with american pitbull terriers (bulldogs). That pup is 2 months old, might be currant on it's vaccinations.....however in the sate of texas your dog is not legaly fully vaccinated.

You might think you take care of your animals, but what your wrighting on this board and how you responded to me say's otherwise.

Welcome to the board.

10. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

a lot of great advice already given

I'll add to worm that pup, looks a bit bloated to me, most the time it's worms.

worm once month, every month for the rest of the dogs life with pyrantel

and worm once every 6mo with panacur for the rest of the dogs life

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2007
  11. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

1. At just 8 weeks of age, a dog cannot have "all her shots." The proper vaccination schedule is as follows:
    6 weeks - 7in1 (no lepto)
    10 weeks - 8in1 (w/lepto)
    14 weeks - 8in1 and Rabies which MUST be done by a licensed vet
    18 weeks - Parvovirus booster

2. Since this pup is new, it should've already been to the vet and been vaccinated anyways especially if the previous owner a) did not vaccinate it in front of your very eyes or b) did not provide overwhelming evidence that the pup has had it's initial vaccinations. And YES a pup with only one, and sometimes even just two, vaccinations can contract parvo!

3. This pup should've also had a fecal done at the vet visit immediately upon obtaining it. Only roundworms and tapeworms are visible to the naked eye and even then that's only when the pup gets to the shedding stage of infection. By that time many pups are on their way out of this life (aka they are dying).

4. All American Pit Bull Terriers are "American." Hence the breed's name. There is no such breed as a "pit" or even a "pit bull." Razor's Edge, Gotti, etc. dogs are NOT American Pit Bull Terriers. They are APBTs crossed with English Bulldogs, Neopolitan Mastiffs, American Bulldogs, and any other large, big boned breed to give it that look you so desire.

5. If you wanted a dog like the one in the picture you posted, you should've gotten an English Bulldog, a Neo Mastiff, and Olde English Bulldogge or something of the sort. A wolf in sheep's clothing is not a sheep.

6. No one was questioning how you take care of your dogs. People were providing advice that it seems you were never given based upon your previous posts.

7. The very last thing you need to be doing is injecting something into your dog that you have no knowledge of or its use. Vitamin B12 is not to be used like butter on toast. It has specific uses and should ONLY be used when absolutely medically necessary.

8. I'm baffled on the urgency to get a dog "on a springpole." A springpole is a toy that should be used only when the dog is ready and also only under close supervision. It's not a status symbol of sorts.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  12. texas_dogger

texas_dogger Big Dog

Well,
    If you want to put some "weight" on a pitbull the first thing you need to do is breed it with a neopolitan mastiff, or a american bulldog. Second, to make it a guard dog you need to shove your head up your ass even more than it is. If you want a guard dog/ people agressive dog then a APBT is not for you. How about a german shepard?..............Gangter Idiot