1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

No Love for Colby Dogs Anymore??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by deepsouth, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

^^^ I agree 100% with you.

2. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

Some of you guys are so naive and narrowminded. There are great strains all over the country but to badmouth Colby dogs should be sacrelgious for you wanna be dogmen. A high percentage of the dogs you guys love have Colby blood. A bunch of Heinzl dogs are Colby, Redboy was off teals sarge a Colby dog, Finleys bo (jeeps dad) a Colby! Theyre all great dogs and i know pound for pound a Colby dog could still hold it down in the fastlane.

3. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

like Red said, a reputable dogger who isnt talking out his ass gave em the thumbs up

4. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

when colby made his and his dogs name, they where the hardest tested,........simple.

5. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

the main point being "were"........ROM,POR is where its at. Bellon dogs will out wrestle, bite, game any present day colby dog........FACT.

Its not the dog its the people who keep them and use them that matters;)

6. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

your second point contradicts your first point...:D

7. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

gameness is easy to lose and hard to keep.......if more people culled them to keep them performing.....it would be different story. Thats why bellon dogs will win.......give them to the petbull owners and your back to a skinny amstaff, lol!

8. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

enough respect for colby dogs
    but i dont like their looks.

9. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

I told u!!...lol....they put words in my mouth and everything!....I seen one person say I downed the line!!...and I never said that!!...but oh well.....I dont have to feed one so it doesnt matter to me??

10. jacko

jacko CH Dog

a colby is just a pure bred "working stafford" & a pure bred working stafford is ???

11. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

[​IMG]
    My dog Colby's Joseph from Jack Colby in Texas. He is the real deal. And my female Adams/Gorski Miss Dutchess whos sire is off of Lou Colbys yard and dam from Mainline Kennels.. She the gamiest dog I ever seen in my short few years with bulldogs.[​IMG]

12. jacko

jacko CH Dog

i like the look of vour mates mate!!!!!!!!!!!!1:dogkiss:

13. jacko

jacko CH Dog

though i am a sucker for a nice brindle !!!!!!!

14. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

Thank you. Work real hard to keep the best in their bowls haha. Great Colby dogs.. There still are great working bulldogs with the Colby name. I think the outcross to Jeep, Tabs and Redboy really complimented the Colby in my female.. Going to look for another heavy game dog to outcross with Colby.. Then bring it all back to Colby again.. Keep it alive. The best part about these dogs is the brains, they know the next dogs move before they make it.

15. jacko

jacko CH Dog

you got it !!! not many folk mention a bulldogs braians ??????????

16. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

Ha! I agree. Im not saying they have much common sense... Theyre just thinkers round other dogs. Use a Colby dogs demeanor and brains and outcross to something game and you got yourself the perfect hybrid. just saying!

17. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Unless you've seen every single present day Colby dog work your post is no more the speculation. Colby dogs dont have "all" the tools required (sometimes). That doesnt mean that lack everything. There could be long winded game Colby dogs with no finish, or hardbiting barnstormers with no wind, or high ability dogs that lack gameness but nobody has ever said there all short winded, soft mouthed, low ability curs. That would be foolish.

18. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

I just want to get this straight!!....which Colby dog would u put up against chinaman, jeep, midnight cowboy, Nigerino, spike, frisco, yellowjohn, Ramsey arty, etc.....u mean to tell me Ur betting wit Colby against one of these dogs???????....lol..wow!!!...well be my guest then!!...all those dogs I named produced dogs either better than theirself or equal!!......the best Colby dog would have a very, very hard time putting either one of those dogs away and that's if he did put one away!!....I said if u cross Colby u can get good dogs so I don't kno why ppl keep talking about crossing them!!....we are talking about pure Colby!!...no cross!!...call me a fool, a clown, a jerk, a ass, a dumb sob or watever!!....my money is on either one of those dogs I mentioned for watever!!...(pre 76)

19. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Crush you should make up your mind. Is this present day or (pre76)???

20. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

I'm saying pre 76 because its not legal to fight dogs now...if it was pre 76 and before I would bet on these dogs against Colby dog allday!!...if shit was legal now I would bet against a Colby dog against the dogs I stated above