1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

No Love for Colby Dogs Anymore??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by deepsouth, Sep 16, 2010.

1. deepsouth

deepsouth Big Dog

I've noticed that there seem to be a general consensus that this line is no longer considered gamebred. Some people have said that they consider them AmStaffs now.

I happen to like the Colby dogs. I know everyone has their likes and dislikes, I have no problem with that. But why do more and more people seem to write this line off.

It's been said that if you go back far enough in every dogs ped, you'll find a Colby dog.

Just Asking.

2. i have some colby on my yard and they are game. i like the bloodline alot to. thats the first blood i had on my yard

3. Earli$$

Earli$$ Pup

to me colby rocks..

4. 413bred

413bred Pup

Jus picked up a ofrn/colby pup fathers the real deal (seeing how not many people dig the ofrn *tested and true*) and the dam is being used for brood only but she's a lil fire starter hereself cnt wait to see how he turns out

5. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

People are sleeping on this blood..
    ALL IM GOING TO SAY IS IT WORKS :) ...........

6. dogboi229

dogboi229 Banned

Yea my colby was one of thebest dogs i every had

7. terry832

terry832 Pup

The new wanna be dogmen are not impress because they tend to favor barnstormers...colby dogs don't fall into that catagory but those who know about the blood(colby)really know... I'm willing to let those who are in the dark continue to stay there...But thing I see a lot on this forum is "Colby dogs are not fastlane dogs and then they come back with the statement they(colby) crosses well with this and that.... Now my question is why would you be willing to outcross to your strain that don't have it anymore???? Just something to make you go hmmmm!!!! All I can say is a PROVEN 100yrs and still going strong

8. Oliver

Oliver Pup

Yup, Im a big fan of Colby Dogs. Like Terry said, "I'm willing to let those who are in the dark continue to stay there". In this day and age, I would bet Mr.Colby would prefer not to have his name known with crazy dogs or crazy people with crazy dogs... Times change.

9. robbie70

robbie70 Pup

that's right i agree with you i got mine from Lou about a month ago and he is a little ball of fire!:)

10. deepsouth

deepsouth Big Dog

Good to know this line still has fans and gets the respect it deserves. Yeah, it's funny how people will talk down certain lines (Colby dogs are AmStaffs, OFRN is junk, Sorrell dogs are just show dogs).
    Thanks for the responses.
    BTW, I've always loved the little brindle Colby hounds.

11. popper

popper CH Dog

i would have to say all apbts pups are little balls of fire... thats just what they are... my 7 year old dog is still a ball of fire

12. robbie70

robbie70 Pup

yeah well mines only 11 weeks old and he goes after my 15 month old and don't give up:D

13. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

Well I'm going to let all Colby owners keep ur Colby dogs!!...don't like Colby blood!...never have, never will!!...just not my brand of dogs!!...are there still some Colby dogs that can make it in the fastlane?...sure!!....but the % are way, way low!!...I'm a gambling man and if u put a really, really good Colby dog in the fastlane and u put a good rbjr dog in the fastlane with him I'm betting on the rbjr with no thinking about it!!...just my opinion

14. che

che Top Dog

When i heard Colbys line... I think about Heinzl:)

15. ManiacKennel

ManiacKennel Big Dog

well just cause u have a firey pup what that mean u have a fight crazy pest just cause they act bad ass means didly squat in my book now as for colby dogs trust that there are still pll crossing this line as it is known to throw bottom and deep gameness witch makes them good as hole to me but also good as a cross to a hard mouth type dogs that might need a lil extra gameness in a breeding either way these colby dogs are still out there working trouble is its hard to get the pure stuff with out paying a gwap for it

16. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

I may not know a lot about the line yet, but what I do know so far is they are something worth learning more about to me ;)

17. popper

popper CH Dog

i personally wouldnt go that route .... to much other blood i would rather try and look way better .. my next i think i am gonna go with some eli / bolio blood

18. Oldskool Brent

Oldskool Brent Top Dog

I'd like to own a Colby for the sake of owning a Colby and if I got one I would expect it to be an even tempered pet that would be game if me or my family was in trouble, nothing more, nothing less. :dogtongue:

19. Oliver

Oliver Pup

Could not have put it better:)

20. kane85

kane85 Top Dog

Exactly has anyone ever herd of stubbs out in the southwest? Enough said good working heinzl blood witch came from Colby