1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Nikon D90 Shots

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by poundAPBT, Dec 26, 2008.

1. poundAPBT

poundAPBT Big Dog

I just recieved a Nikon D90 -- great camera! I recommend it to anyone interested in a mid-level DSLR. Well worth the money.
    Here are some of my first pictures with it (of Gracie).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Octavio_.N.J.

Octavio_.N.J. Big Dog

Nice Pup I Realy like her hey you got snow we didnt nice pics..keep the shot coming:):)

3. nc_pitbullmommy

nc_pitbullmommy Big Dog

WOW that's a good camera!!! Gorgeous pics....

4. mastiffsj

mastiffsj Big Dog

I am so envious of your camera, GREAT pics!!

5. masta of game

masta of game Banned

woooow. crazy camera... better than my eyes, how much

6. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

Great pictures!

7. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Great Pics Great Camera:D:D:D

8. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Great pics..thanks for sharing!

9. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Is that snow on her nose? So cute!!! Really nice shots.

10. Scratchy

Scratchy Pup

It's around 1k or you could get a compact digital camera with 18x zoom, 10.1 megapixels, and a high resolution LCD screen, it's the same quality for $350. The only real difference with a compact digital camera is that you can't use various lenses.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2008
  11. poundAPBT

poundAPBT Big Dog

thanks -- it's so much fun, well worth the money. I got a really good deal, too (two telephoto lenses, body, editing software program all for a little over 1K).

What point-and-shoot is this? I don't know of a point and shoot that can generate RAW images or pictures larger than 5,000 pixels in height. The D90 is also 12.1 megapixels.
    My sister just got a nice fujifilm p&s, though, for around $150. Nice depth of field, good amount of pixels. I don't think there is a p&s that can be the same quality as a mid-level DSLR, though.

12. Scratchy

Scratchy Pup

Coincidence is that the camera I'm talking about that competes with the one you got is also made by Nikon which many of us know is a well established brand that's puts out high quality products. On another note 12.1 megapixels doesn't make any difference from 10 and for "RAW" images all you need is a high resolution LCD screen with a decent image processor.

I wasn't dissing your camera by any means. All I was saying was that someone could get the same quality from a nice CDC and save a few hundred bucks if they could care less about having the option of using various lenses.

13. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Gracie is looking good, she sure looks like she had fun in the snow.

Thanks for sharing

14. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

NICE PICS! I just got an Olympus Stylus 1010. It's really nice it has that fast shutter setting so it'll continously take pics along as you keep the button pressed. I love it's a great camera!:D

15. maximusflys

maximusflys Big Dog

The D90 is nowhere near the same category as any point and shoot camera there is and that's why the price difference. DSLRs are in a different category and they can handle alot better situations especially in low light situations and action shots. Apples and oranges when trying to compare the two.

16. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Nice.

I am a bit jealous. I really want a D90. lol. ;)

17. poundAPBT

poundAPBT Big Dog

thanks for explaining that, maximusflys.

it's well worth the money.... doooo ittttt. :D

18. Scratchy

Scratchy Pup

There are plenty of CDC's with substantial ISO settings to compensate for different lighting situations. Not everything expensive is better. All in all, to each it's own.

Nice pics tho!

19. MOOT44

MOOT44 Top Dog

POUND: Nice pics.........the 1st one is my favorite, it really shows Gracie's nice color......I have a p.o.s (piece of shit) camera and it does ok.....What did that camera cost, if I may ask?

20. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

If I had some extra money hanging around, I would. lol.