1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Nice read....

Discussion in 'Patterdale Terriers' started by snakewidomski, Apr 10, 2014.

1. snakewidomski

snakewidomski Big Dog

2. david63

david63 CH Dog

I enjoy reading that Article.

3. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

good read indeed

4. killadev300

killadev300 Big Dog

good read and some good sound advice and practices given by the author...some of those patts look alot like bulldogs

5. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

great read and share!!!

6. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

Excellent read!!!!!

7. Stratman

Stratman Big Dog

I really enjoyed reading this. Mr Mason has some fine patts. I agree totally Elias, a couple looked like Bulldogs and they all wear their work well!

8. Malik81

Malik81 Pup

There are pros and cons to this way of breeding. Now and again you could see an excellent dog work and think to yourself, I would like to use this dog on a bitch but like I say, you must stick to the plan, the time for an outcross will come. For me, I would worry that doing this would make my dogs unrecognisable to me a few years down the line. I think for me, a time for an outcross has come, as I have a litter on the ground now of three bitches and I think they will be the last of their line. I have taken it as far as possible and at this point I have not got a dog on the yard which could be mated to them. They will be just too close.

When do you consider it's time?

And very nice, thanx for sharig

9. Malik81

Malik81 Pup

I have no plans to breed for another two years, I have enough for now. Breed too much and things get popular, flavour of the month, and popularity kills. So to anyone out there who has a little strain of their own, keep it simple, stick to what you know works, rarely is the grass greener somewhere else. We have many enemies, more enemies than friends and they would like to see our dogs fade into oblivion forever. These little dogs live in troubled times and their future depends on people like us to fight for their survival because believe me, no one else will. So God bless them and those like them because they are few.
    Nice policy, I think it suits Bulldogs as well, if not more :)

10. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

good addition malik81...