1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

New to this Forum!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Michael., Jan 25, 2015.

1. Michael.

Michael. Big Dog

I have been around APBT and mixes most of my life. I do not currently own an American Pit Bull Terrier, more a Staff or American Bully. I have been fighting BSL inmy city for while, especially attempting to get people to STOP calling their dogs "pit bulls". No one care, so the law stands and they have an ordinance that says the "breed" known as pit bull. The people that attempt to change the law are ignorant and stick by the "it's all in how you raise em" schtick which gets them no where. At this point, I do not own a "pit bull" so I will not sign (admit) something saying that I do. I already have everything the city requires except the "vicious dog permit".Anyway

Either way, I am glad to be here. I had two Amstaff, and unfortunately one passed away . I was walking him as usually, following the rules, so I had him muzzled, he over heated and by the time I was able to get him to a vet he lost too many white blood cells and had to be put down a few days later. I still have another Amstaff/bully house dog who has addison's disease. Best dog you could want out of a house dog. I do not ever call him a pit bull nor do I consider him to be one at all, but I love the dog to death.

Once we sell our house and get out of the current city, getting another dog is a plan. Has been for a long time. I am for certain getting a standard ADBA APBT. I am not against bullies or anything, as I love mine but have always wanted a dog with a lot of drive that could hunt, and do or go anywhere without getting tired.

Sorry to ramble

2. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Welcome to the site.

3. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

wellcome...enjoy the drama...lol

4. 305APBT

305APBT Big Dog

Think you will find comfort here as well much knowledge and learning experiences from other members. I too waited to get a dog 15yrs so that I wouldn't have to deal with the BSL laws in Miami. I now live in a non-BSL town and love it.

Welcome

5. Michael.

Michael. Big Dog

I appreciate it! Ohio actually removed the term "pit bull" from the law, but a city has "home rule doctrine" which allows them to enact this BS. Thanks again!

6. Welcome to the site.