1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

new to the board

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by GoFuryGo, Feb 28, 2008.

1. GoFuryGo

GoFuryGo Pup

Hi all, new member of the forum here. Been messing with these dogs for a while now. My first was a Colby/Carver/Jeep male that was pretty hot. He gave me the "fever". Now I have a Budweiser Crusher female with some Garner dogs thrown in. She's a merle, only one in her litter. Please note, there is nothing cur about her. So please do not bad mouth her or me for that matter. I bred her twice (to "normal" colored dogs of course) and she threw some mighty fine pups. She's since been spayed and sentenced to a life of ease sitting on the couch with me and my sons. Hope to get to know you all and share as much information as I can.

[​IMG]

2. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

not trying to stir the pot or anything, but did she happen to be DNA tested against her parents, or her parents against thier parents?

3. GoFuryGo

GoFuryGo Pup

Wow, first reply I got and someone already doubting the bitch. Thanks. Does it really matter? It doesn't to me, I know what I have.

4. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

nope, doesn't matter. I'm just wondering how that line threw a merle colored dog. don't get me wrong, I love the merle color and I think she's real pretty. like I said, just curious.

5. GoFuryGo

GoFuryGo Pup

Sorry for the defensive response. She was dna'd back to her parents. I'll have to build a ped here soon and post it. im not sure if her parents were dna'd back or not. I'll try to find out though.

6. Pitless2208

Pitless2208 Big Dog

Welcome!..pretty dog.;)

7. GoFuryGo

GoFuryGo Pup

thanks, glad to be here

8. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

no need for appologies Fury. it's just that this merle color has been debated for years now, and everyone "says" it can't just show up because it's a dominant gene. I was just wondering if yours popped up out of nowhere, it might be proof to that "spontaneous mutation" theory.

9. gootza

gootza Pup

I think she's just gorgeous!

Welcome to the site :D

10. GoFuryGo

GoFuryGo Pup

As far as I know, her coloring did show up out of nowhere. Her father was blue, but he wasn't any of that watchdog, razors edge mess. He was game bred. I'm not sure if it's just me, but when I do see merle dogs, there aways seems to be a blue somewhere lurking. Not sure it thats coorilated or not. When she was bred, out of two litters, only one pup was merle. The mystery continues....

11. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

Yeah, that is odd. I'm going to do some more research on this merle stuff. I am truly interested in it now, LOL!

12. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

So, is Budweiser Crusher her grandsire or where in the line is he? Also, what Garner dogs is she off of?

13. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

And this brings me back to Rebel again. Only 2 merles in his liter. Mother went back four generations, no merle. Father went back 6 generations, no merle. He has the pit stance but looks likes a freaking Great Dane. Go figure.

14. GoFuryGo

GoFuryGo Pup

Bud is grandsire 3x, then once further back. The Garner dogs are wild cherry and snooty's shadow. also has budwiesers jd. not sure who/what dog that is.

15. jman11

jman11 King of the Valley

How do you know?

16. GoFuryGo

GoFuryGo Pup

Maybe our definitions of cur are a bit off. She is not inferioir. And if you are speaking of her purity, I'm only as good as the information I get.

17. jman11

jman11 King of the Valley

just making sure.. it seems as if you havent been in the dogs much, as your definition of cur is coming out of the dictionary
    most people interested in bulldogs use cur as a fight reference

here is the definition of cur out of a history book regarding the APBT:

Cur- Any dog which curs out, or any breed of dog except a game pit dog

Cur out- to quit from a lack of gameness.

i was originally mistaken, but thought you might want to change or fix that, as most on here (and JQP) might beleive you are hinting at the fact your dog isnt a cur, but game, which could be incriminating.......

JMO

18. GoFuryGo

GoFuryGo Pup

This is a game dog forum. So you were correct in your assumptions. She is game. I feel ok by saying that. And if the black helicopters want to show up at the house, I will be more then happy in making them look silly. I have nothing to hide nor do I participate in anything illegal. Just because she is game doesn't mean thst she fights. She has an unwillingness to quit, what ever the task may be. She has never shown an ounce of fear. I don't participate in animal abuse/cruelty. But I do enjoy when she tears into someones ass. She works a sleeve like no ones buisness. Take it for what it's worth. And if I misuse that term, then I apologize.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2008
  19. Tonka03

Tonka03 Big Dog

First I wan to say that she is beautiful and seems to be great with the kids.

I to at one time doubted the merle "thing". I emailed Mr. Colby and asked him about them. He said in his 80+/- years he had NEVER seen a merle in any litter. So there is a mistery donation there somewhere.

Tony

20. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Interesting...