1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

new pup.opinions welcomed

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BasterdBoyk9, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Forever-So REAL

Forever-So REAL Quintuple Grand Champion

looks like a nice ped best of luck!

2. Carson

Carson Pup

Good 3rd gen. Enjoy!

3. I appreciate it..closest thing i could find after i recently moved.Any opinions on me getting a Jeep/rascal bitch for him?or stay with redboy/jocko?

4. Nice lines

5. old goat

old goat CH Dog

and the pup i just got has a heavy mouth.8.5 weeks and your thinking of breeding already .

6. Forever-So REAL

Forever-So REAL Quintuple Grand Champion

I should've said that ped looks like shit cause breeding on peds produce more shit lol... But seriously OP what if dog don't work are you still going to breed it? Let them grow and then make that decision that's the problem for this breed to many people want them and they don't know what to do with them
    It just gets under my skin when you here people talking about breeding puppies like I said best of luck to you cause your going to need it

7. Like i said.im not connected with any real dogman but the one i met around my area.i do know hes showing some good signs.and NO i didnt want to buy the bitch for him already i had the money and he had her..But anyways take care fellas

8. Thanks his peds are good..his dad has heavy yellow on the bottom and is suppose to be tested and also has 119 adba points..im green in some areas but was just excited about that other pup he had and wanted quick suggestions what people would think.im gonna line breed and inbreed him if he checks out ok

9. CHAMP

CHAMP Big Dog

"Showing some good signs"???
    He's 3½ months old if the ped is correct, what good signs is he showing? You got the cart WAY ahead of the horse thinking about future breeding plans.

Sent from my microwave using Tapatalk

10. monkman75

monkman75 Pup

Lotta dogs don't show anything till they're at least 18 months. Good ped though.

11. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

Yea that's pretty young to be "showing signs" as you said. Or to be " planning" a breeding at this age. But "thinking" ahead in case he turns out to be a keeper is different and nothing wrong with that. There's a difference between thinking ahead and planning ahead. When I get a new pup my head runs wild with what to do. But nothing is concrete. It's just wishful thinking and speculation at that point. But by all means, be excited. Nothing wrong with that either. Until then, research your butt off, listen, ask, familiarize yourself with everything "bulldog". While I'm not the most knowledgable on here, I will shoot you straight and do my best to help. So feel free to message me anytime. Best of luck and enjoy.

12. rroscoe

rroscoe Lightner Hemphill / Colby

It looks like a great dog on paper put in as much time as you can in training and exercising him feed him right and you will have a good dog best of luck

13. You bulldog guys talk so much bullshit but i understand what your saying to the negative talk.but to the ones who had patience with this post thanks..the good signs i was talking about are being aware of surrounding jumping on trees climbing them..chewing bones all day..shaking his toys and springpole just the good stuff bulldogs are suppose to show.ive learned more then expected since i posted this post so please save the tough guy no it all stuff..hes eating healthy and growing ..if he dont check i wont feed thanks

14. As far as my breeding statement i can get to well bred dogs and cull as neccesary..i will get a bulldogs eventually..these chs and gr chs cured before so save the bs

15. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

It's not BS to caution you against common pitfalls. You shouldn't take it that way. You mentioned "signs" in a 3 or so month old pup. Well, "signs" are what you have shown as to being maybe vulnerable to those pitfalls and most here have merely cautioned you, since you did ask what they think after your statements.

Be excited, but be wise and realistic. You might do so by listening to those with much experience and the successes to back it up.

16. bounty

bounty Big Dog

Maybe just a change in language is needed. ie: if he checks out to be good in the future i plan on breeding to him. That will keep the internet doggers off your back.

Sounds like a nice acting pup, which is a good thing.

17. Understood!!thanks to all that helped.Ill be getting that ch brick pup in a week or two.