1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

New Pit Owner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by zwchase, Aug 11, 2010.

1. zwchase

zwchase Pup

Hello. Last August my son and I decided to get a dog. We rescued a beautiful part pit/ part boxer who is 3 years old and the most well behaved dog you could ever ask for. Well in December my son died. This dog kept a vigil at the end of his bed all night along with family and friends. I decided in March to look for a companion for my dog and I had always loved pits so for my Birthday I was given a female from a family member. She is now 5 months old and has been a joy and so eager to learn. I am so glad of the decision I made because both of these dogs have really helped me through the grieving process.

2. ausapbt

ausapbt Big Dog

Sorry for your terrible loss, my condolences to you and your family, Im glad to see you are enjoying the company of your dogs and hope that the future brings you much joy and happiness.

All the best
    ausapbt

3. DogLuver

DogLuver Pup

Am very sorry to hear about your loss....I have also lost a son and can relate to what your experiencing; although I am not you and do not know all of the details of your situation. It is wonderful that you have your dogs to keep you company and offer support to you during your time of grief. I think dogs have been labeled as "mans best friend" for a reason...