1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

New owner staffy x pit ???

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by zoenicho, Jan 10, 2013.

1. zoenicho

zoenicho Pup

Hi everyone,

My name is Zoe and i recently bought my beautiful dog Coco who is nearly 6 months. We had to go off their word that he was full staff as we only saw the mum but me and my husband think his dad was pitbull as he is very similar to pits. Hes a beautiful, well tempered, well behaved, loyal dog but just wanted to hear your opinions :) That would be great!

Ive attached some pictures for you to see of when we got him at 10 weeks and now at nearly 6 months :)

Thanks
    Zoe x

Attached Files:

2. OnTheRocks

OnTheRocks Moderator

That dog has no Staff phenotype, wrong colours, and wrong phenotype. Probably a cross as you suspect… But honestly, you are not smart to post these pictures here- you live under the DDA!

3. Adorable pup!! Looks like a Pit Bull or Pit Bull Mix, Good luck with your pup! :)

4. coop-dog

coop-dog Big Dog

I don't see staffordshire bull terrier in those two pics ,but that's just me.

5. Kimo615

Kimo615 Banned

Nope...its a cross. Bet cha!

6. zoenicho

zoenicho Pup

Thanks for your replies. I always thought he was a cross but just wanted to hear other peoples opinions who know about pitbulls

7. zoenicho

zoenicho Pup

photo (15).jpg

This is his mum but like i say we havent seen the dad

8. BmSBT

BmSBT Big Dog

without knowing the father its anyones guess and he does have a slight pbt look to him. but the dam is definitly staff, so if the sire was a rangey/wirey type your fella could easily look a little pit.

this is my female SBT, she's tall and slim. if i put a shorter bulkier male to her i would imagine the pups could be similiar to your fella (i highlighted 'could' because without knowing 100% its all just speculation)

[​IMG]

as was already stated, if you live in a country where there is a DDA act in place then register him as staff, call him a staff and enjoy your pup :)

9. The Dam is stunning!

Your pup is going to be quite a looker full grown!

10. Mickeyg

Mickeyg Top Dog

I think on the rocks means that u don't get red nose chocolate staffs its a apbt gene but I have seen one or two fokes that have staffs with a red nose but I ain't ever seen a chocolate colour staff before but if the dam is blue and the sire was red could that make chocolate staffs or champagne colours ??

He's a very nice looking pup none the less good luck with him

11. wallyy

wallyy Big Dog

[​IMG]
    100% pure bred Staffordsire Bull Terrier pups.

12. blanch

blanch Big Dog

That bitch looks the image of my birds old dog,It's not from Peterborough is it?

13. Mickeyg

Mickeyg Top Dog

No way wally !!!! Lol ok am wrong that's the 1st two I have seen are they still pups ? Be good to see a adult pic ?

14. wallyy

wallyy Big Dog

[​IMG]
    Hello Mickeyg, Here is one of the bitches at a couple of years old. Cheers.

15. Mickeyg

Mickeyg Top Dog

Defo a staff like I said I have seen red noise staffs but just assumed that maybe a bit of pit blood way back wen a pit dog was a pit dog and bred to just other good pit dogs despite the breeding

16. zoenicho

zoenicho Pup

Thank you very much :)

17. zoenicho

zoenicho Pup

Thanks for your reply :) one of his brothers was a champagne colour

18. zoenicho

zoenicho Pup

no hes from rainham

19. zoenicho

zoenicho Pup

looking at this theres got to be pit. Doesnt matter to me whatever he is, still love him all the same and couldnt of asked for a better more well behaved dog :D

IMG_5241.jpg

20. Mickeyg

Mickeyg Top Dog

He's a cracking looking dog mate .... Just remember what was said at the top of the page mate we live in a nasty country with silly laws sadly :-(