1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

New, need info, from Texas

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by iLLuSioNz, Jun 20, 2008.

1. iLLuSioNz

iLLuSioNz Pup

New from texas, Help needed + Pic's

Hello, apbt owners, I'm new to the site,from Texas, I look forward to learning many things about this wonderful breed. Even though I've owned apbt's in the past I dont really know that much about bloodlines, but I would like to know some information on it and in the apbt in general.

Now that i've introduced myself, I was wondering if any of you could help me finding out what kind of breed/blood line my dog was. I had originally got him from a friend, I had him for about 2 or 3 years but unfortunately he got out of my backyard and I havent seen him since. HIs name was Gotti and he was a pretty big dog, he was red with a red nose, he weighed around 65 to 80 pounds and he had a big head. I'll post some pics, I only have head pictures of him and not full body pics, so u cant really see how big he was.

The reason im asking is becuase he was the best dog i have owned and I want to get another dog like him.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Someone told me that he might be mayday bloodline,said that it's Jeep and Red Boy. I'm just tryin to find out what kind of breed/bloodline he is.
    I can try and give any more information if needed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2008
  2. cutt

cutt CH Dog

he looks like a healthy dog, but he may also be a mix. Its hard to say unless you know the dogs history. Wait for more feedback as there are alot of smart and experienced folk on here.

3. iLLuSioNz

iLLuSioNz Pup

Yea, If I were to guess I would say he is mixed with american bulldog and something else...

4. CRG

CRG Top Dog

You can't tell his bloodline without a pedigree or knowing how the dam and sire were bred. Nice looking dog either way.

5. iLLuSioNz

iLLuSioNz Pup

I know yall probably wont be able to tell me a specific bloodline, but I thought that yall could give me some sort of information that could help me find what kind of dog breed he was.

6. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Hi and welcome. Did you have a pedigree on this dog? If so, then if you still have it, you could scan it and let folks here interpret it for you. If he had no pedigree, nobody can tell you his bloodlines just by looking at him. To be perfectly candid, with the heavy lips, dewlap, large size and full-drop ears, he looks like a mastiff or Dogue mix. Do you have any other pictures of him?

7. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

I agree with Bahamutt. It looks like a happy dog and that is all that really matters. But there is no way of looking at a dog and tellin what its bloodline is.... enjoy the site

8. Re: New from texas, Help needed + Pic's

how much does he weigh?

IMO it is most likley not any type of "pit," let alone an American Pit Bull Terrier

as long as your happy.....thats what counts

ive had a few people look at the pic and the general consensus is that it is some type of Mastiff/ Bully mix..... watch him around people!

9. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Looks like some type of mastiff mix to me.

10. Looks like a mistiff maybe neo and some dogue do bardoex cant spell but youll get it

11. texas_dogger

texas_dogger Big Dog

possibly fila or mastiff mix