1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

New Here. Jersey

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BBT, Dec 2, 2011.

1. BBT

BBT Big Dog

New here but not to APBT Born a dogman from a dogman. Raised on a yard. My father also had Dogos and Tosas. I am here to see if any old contacts are here. As a kid I have worked on a few yards but lost touch to most. I am hoping that there are other dogmen here. If so you reply or pm me if you want to bs. If this site is loaded with AmBully Gotti or Razors Edge type garbage then let me know so I can leave. I have one dog now but he is at exes 3 weeks a month. Looking to just make new friends with common interest, find old friends (mostly my fathers) and help keep the breed I was born into. Some insight about me is I have been in books and magazines. I read all Strattons at least a dozen times by the time I was 13. I used to study every SDJ. Used to be a bloodlines encyclopedia memorizing every I read and all the stories from dogmen visiting my fathers kennel or from when I would visit their yards.

2. skratchr81

skratchr81 Big Dog

hey man and welcome to the forum.

3. BBT

BBT Big Dog

Thank you. Are there any Jersey dogs here? Also as a kid I did the ADBA and ARBA conformation shows and am interested to getting back into it just to help out breed as hobby.

4. bauer

bauer Top Dog

welcome to the forum...

5. BBT

BBT Big Dog

Just been reading. I will be at the TriState show in April. Looking to meet local NJ NY PA dogs etc. Thanks

6. MrMark

MrMark Big Dog

Welcome!

So, who was your father and who were some of his friends...you left that out, lol.

~Mr Mark

7. BBT

BBT Big Dog

Hello Mark. If you would like to talk you can call me. He was the only Tosa breeder and importer in Jersey starting in late 80s. Prior to that imported Dogos and i believe one of the first with the Dogos also. That should narrow it down. He and his dogs were in Semencic book. I, as a teen, was in a general APBT book and also in a new book with my dog now. People would only remember me from him. My ex got the house and the dog. My dog is an 8yr old down for
    Hemphill but looks like a staff. He is 68lbs on couch. I had big issue with his breeder and paperwork etc. I will be looking for a 45-55 lb dog within 1-3 years. You can message me for my cell or pm if you like.

8. CBRSALT

CBRSALT Big Dog

Sounds like d judge stuck it to u. D house and d dog. Geeze. No compassion.

9. BBT

BBT Big Dog

Ehh not really. We had gotten the house then time for the dog. I contacted an old friend who had tight Pl Alligator dogs. We were told to wait about a year. Well in the interim I had taken my girl to a few yards and she fell in love with this 6 week old litter. 2 days later the pup was in my living room. I never wanted from this yard even as pet quality. Now he is my loving pet. I am part of a dog hiking group for rescue dogs. I have socialized him every way and 8 years later he wants to go if given any leeway. Great pet bull. She even has tattoos of him it's her lap dog. When he is not with me I help new bully owners with the basics on the hikes

10. maydaymatt

maydaymatt Big Dog

hello and welcome aboard

11. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Hey and welcome to g-d.

12. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Sounds like you are doing some great things for the breed. Welcome. You should love the people/reedings/ that this site makes available. Wont get anywhere else.. Curious to know what lines your father had ran, and what you may be able to tell us of them.
    McCoy

13. BBT

BBT Big Dog

. Thanks. For APBT He has owned and coowner of dogs but not breeder. He had coowned a Lightener when I was young. One of his friends from Oregon I am looking for i know his name and am hoping he's on here so I could tell him how his dog did. For Tosas I can tell you all registered names and call names. For Dogos I can only tell you call name of our last stud. This site is a great resource for me. As a kid I spent time on a yard based off of pl alligator and I fell in love with what that kennel produced. Still going strong today however they got too big for what I want.

14. BBT

BBT Big Dog

And yes I can't get enough of the reading here. I feel like a kid. I remember when that SDJ envelope would come in mail. I would read from cover to cover and then reference to my old books. I know SDJ is still around but I doubt the content the same as the last time I read one (early to mid 90s)