1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

New Here(I got a question)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Breaseale, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Breaseale

Breaseale Pup

Hello every one I'm new here and was introduced to the site by a real good friend.Yall prolly know him he goes by the name WhiteyRansom on here I think that what he goes by on here.Anyway I just recently bought me a A.P.B.T and he's only 5 months old.The question I have is that I'm wondering that later on down the road when he's older,how much does someone(me) charge a person if that person wants to use my dog as a stud dog and breed him to a female dog.Someone please hit me back up regarding this and I would much appreciate it.I do have papers stateing that he's fullblooded A.P.B.T and he comes from a very good bloodline.Thanks,Breaseale

2. Dirty3rd

Dirty3rd Big Dog

Just curious. For what reason or reasons do you want to breed this dog?

3. Can't one person on here tell you how much to charge for stud fee, when you don't even know if he is worthy or not.
    I think there a lot more questions that you need to ask yourself before even considering this question!

4. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

The dog is only five months old, you have plenty of time. I think perhaps you should stick around on this forum for a while before you even consider breeding the dog. I'm trying to say this nicely as several here will not say it so nicely. Why don't you learn something about APBT and what you would want to breed for before you consider breeding? Do something with your dog to justify making him a sire.
    Meanwhile welcome to the forum and please post a picture of your pup. I hope the puppy is more to you than just future dollar signs.

5. you are right, I am sorry...my tounge (or in this case my fingers) got the best of me...

6. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Hello Breaseale, welcome to the forum!

To answer your question, there is no set "fee" for a stud dog. A stud dog's worth is determined by his accomplishments. For example ...

A dog who has been examined & found worthy to be bred will command a higher stud fee than a dog who has not bee examined.

A dog who has earned a CH. or has earned legs to a CH. is going to command a much higher stud fee than a dog who has not.

A dog who has earned a ROM or POR title will command a higher stud fee than a dog who is no production titles.

A dog who has been OFA'ed & TT'ed will command a higher stud fee than a dog who has not been OFA'd or TT'ed.

As an adult your dog has not been examined & found worthy to be bred, to the reputable fancier he will have zero value as a stud dog, no matter how he is bred.

As for his papers as proof of his being pureblooded, papers are just that - paper. If you did not buy your pup from a reputable breeder, you could have anything. There are breeders who was register pit bull x French mastiffs crosses as pit bulls. Another registered pit bull x coon hound mixes. Both were ADBA registered & one bloodline persists today as a popular wight pull line. So don't put your faith in the papers, put it in the breeder.

Good luck!

bahamutt99 likes this.
  7. Attila

Attila Guest

Unless he becomes proven and champion his sperm isn't worth anything.

8. mrsmickey351

mrsmickey351 Guest

Welcome to the site. We are glad you are here. Hope you can enjoy your time with us even if you do get off to a rough start. It won't always be like that. Sit back listen and you can learn alot. Don't hesitate to ask questions but try and keep an open mind cuz everyone has an opinion. Have fun and Happy New Year!!

9. Suki

Suki Guest

Time and achievement, among MANY other variables, will help to determine the answer to your question, so I cannot give you a specific answer, as of yet. In the meantime, I do, however, welcome you to the site and hope you will absorb all that you will learn here. And you WILL learn a lot, if you are willing to.

Keep reading!
    and again, "welcome"!:)

10. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Worry more about getting him a title through working him in a division. And health checked and check out some shows. Get him known and show what he's worth. Make him worth it. Pedigrees never speak for a dog unless you got it from a serious person. But your dog can speak for himself if you let him. Honestly, stud fees are up to you. I wouldn't even set a price till someone approaches me about it.

Anyway welcome and stick around to gain some information this is a really good place to learn more about what you got.