1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

New from St. Louis with 3 pits!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by lovefor3pits, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Hello everyone my name is Stephanie from St. Louis and I have 3 AMAZING pits. A blue nose that weighs about 50lbs, and about a year and 4 months old, by the name of Mugen, a red nose weighing about 50lbs as well thats about 6 months, by the name of Sata, and another red nose, thats about 9 months old that weights about 105lbs, hes a big boy.

I have heard a lot of great things about this site and want to check it out and I also have some questions too!

Sata came into our home about a month and a half ago because she didn't really have anywhere to go, and unforutnetly we don't think she was treated very well. She came in when she was in her first heat, and while Mugen was getting over losing her babies sad so it was a pretty intense time lol.

Here is a picture of Mugen
    [​IMG]

Sata
    [​IMG]

Enzo
    [​IMG]

With his blue eyes he still has
    [​IMG]

Enzo and Muges a couple months ago
    [​IMG]

the 2 girls
    [​IMG]

All 3 of them
    [​IMG]

2. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

beautiful dogs. welcome to the site and i hope you learn a great deal about our breed. :)

3. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Welcome to the site. Having 3 youngens is rough sounds like you got your hands full. Are these your first APBT's ? There is alot to learn here if one really wants to take the time to learn it. What ever questions you have fire away, im sure you will get the answers your looking for and some answer you might not want to hear but thats all what learning is about.

4. jr Pit Guy

jr Pit Guy Big Dog

Welcome to the site, I hope you enjoy it here. If you have any questions, there are alot of knowledgable people here that can help you. I have a question for you, is that a misprint, or is 105 lbs correct? That seemed a little excessive to be an APBT, so I figured I would ask. I'm also sticking my rear on the line here, but I would like to compliment that blue dog. Usually I don't do that, and most people here don't like the blues, but that is because they are usually big overdone, crossbred mutts.

How are your dogs bred? I gotta say Sata is a good looking example of an APBT, even if she is a bit on the large side.
    Oh, one more thing before someone flames you, they aren't "pits", that's a generic grouping for several breeds of dogs, which include American Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, and Staffordshire Bull Terriers. Most recently, there has been a new breed of dogs called American Bullys that like to pretend that they are "pits" as well, but that's another story.

5. pitbullin

pitbullin Big Dog

Sata is a damn good looking dog....

6. Suki

Suki Guest

Welcome to the forum and i hope you enjoy the time you spend here. :)

7. Lol sadly enough thats not a misprint. Enzos daddy was huge like him. His paws are the size of my hand its kind of scary. But hes the sweetest dog and loves the world along with his tail

Mugen came from 2 blues, Enzoe came from a red nose and brindle, and we are not sure about Sata because we just wanted her to have a good home.

I understand the "pit" term its just easiest to put them in that group because a lot of people know them as that.

8. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

Beautiful dogs...glad to have you here!!!:)

My best advice to you at this stage is to be alert and careful- you have some young dogs who haven't come into their own yet- be prepared to keep them separated as they get older. Chances are they won't be able to live their entire lives like this without getting into some trouble. I hope I haven't insulted your intelligence by saying so- but there was a point in my life where I thought dogs raised together would always get along fine. That being said- just keep the socializing going strong like you are doing but always be prepared for a scuffle and know how to break it up. It will save you a lot of trouble later if you are prepared for it. ;)

9. Oh I love any and all advice given to me. We def have had many shuffles with the 2 females. Once we say "HEY" in a stern voice they stop right away.

I will most defintetly be checking the site out hardcore to elarn more about the breed! I appreciate the welcome!

10. Fedor23

Fedor23 Big Dog

hehe, they look adorable, welcome to the site.

11. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

That's my hometown. Welcome aboard! :)

12. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

Welcome to the site! Not trying to bash you or start anything here, but am I reading this right? This dog has been bred? I'm just wondering what this dog has accomplished to make it worthy of being bred. You referred to Mugen as a "blue nose" which implies, to me anyway, that you don't have any idea how this dog is bred. I know you said both her parents were blue, but what bloodlines? I think you would have mentioned this dogs accomplishments in your post if she had any, ie conformation CH, agility, obedience, weight pull, and so on. Oh, and she's only 16 months old? Too early to be a breeding a dog IMO. Please don't be discouraged now, stick around this site, keep an open mind, and learn all you can.

13. Im just confused why she needs to have accomplished something in order to breed her. Shes a wonderful dog, doesnt have papers, we're not worried about making $1000 per pup. We just wanted to add some more to the family, along with quite a few friends want one or two as well.

We were told that Enzo's grandfather came from Razors Edge , and was considered an Ace. Enzo's father is also a Razors Edge, and is a champion puller. Unfourtunetly we dont have any information on his mother.

We have no information on Sata of course. Mugen's daddy was also Razors Edge, who had papers of a champion of something. Her mom didn't have papers. We bought her from a breeder in Odin, IL.

We truthfully arent in this for the breed we just like the dogs and are very fond of APBTs.

14. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

Do you have a yard set-up for your dogs or will you be keeping them all inside with individual crates for when you aren't home? 3 APBTs is a LOT of dog for inside the home...and you want more? God Bless Ya. ;)
    In all seriousness, how will you be accomodating all of these dogs? And as for friends...you would only ever give a pup to a friend who is already extremely APBT savvy, right?
    My advice is please please pretty pretty please do not breed these dogs- there just isn't any sense to it right now. Keep and enjoy what you have as great pets and throw any thoughts of breeding aside at least for now. :)

15. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

advise learn what a breaking stick is and how to use one..yelling hey does not always work..even though some dogs get along together for a while..count on one day needing to know how to...even if you never use it..better safe than sorry.http://www.riospitbull.com/breaking_stick.htm

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2007
  16. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

quite simply, only the best representations of the breed should ever be allowed to procreate. The world has enough pets already, and they're a dime a dozen. No need to be concerned about making money in order to breed dogs....what one has to consider though is if breeding the dogs they have improves the breed. I'd say your dogs add nothing of value to the available gene pool and should be fixed ASAP. Plenty of people have wonderful dogs, doesn't mean they should be breeding them. Like I said, stick around and learn :)

17. I just feel that they are my dogs, and you can never predict the future, so you dont know what will happen, they may get along great, they may not. But I am the #1 decider if I want to breed Mugen or not. Who cares if they have nothing to value, they can love their owners like no one has loved us before, along with the puppies too.

Not everyone in America is here to make these dogs champion dogs. Hell everyone I know that has one has it because they think they are amazing dogs. We have them because we love who they are, and its just a bonus that they scare the crap out of people until they get to know the dogs.

18. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Your logic is not gonna help this breed at all. Just because you got 2 dogs does not make them breed worthy. What is your ultimate goal in breeding ? Is the breeding going to better the breed on the whole ? There is alot to learn about these dogs and you stumble apon the right place however you need to change your mindset so you can learn all that is to be offered here.

Are you really prepared to home 12 puppies if that is the number ? I myself am surrounded by good people who love the breed but I can honestly say that I do not know 12 people off hand that would take a puppy. Sure I could give them to just anyone but that would contribute the the problem that this breed faces, bad owners make bad dogs that create headlines and cause BSL.

This is one hell of a welcome thread, your gonna find alot of people here do not agree with your way of thinking. Please take the time to learn what you own and the part that you plan on playing while representing this breed.

19. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

getting flamed already eh? quite the impression you must have made. my advice is that you be objective. keep an open mind. it's human nature to go on the defensive right away, but don't sweat it. if it don't apply, let it fly. there are lots of things in the world worth getting upset about, the opinions of people who only know you through your nickname on a website definitely aren't one of them. there are a few holier than thou types, but you already found some i guess. you can either tell them to shove it into their arses and let it go, or you can get all worked up over it. but, you seem smart enough to figure out what to do. :)

20. First of all...Welcome to the site. I hope you have a great time here, and learn as much as you can.

That being said there are a few things that need to be addressed from your above post. There is a huge over population problem with the American Pitbull Terrier nationwide. This over population is a thorn in the side of all responsible dog owners whether you own a pet, or are, as you stated, looking to make champion dogs. That over population is a sore spot for the responsible, and should be controlled to the best extent possible. The questions that I would pose have already been stated. Why would we breed dogs of unknown (other than the stories told by the people who may or may not be reputable) origin, and why would we breed dogs when we have no direction where we'd like to end up? No goals...just possible friends that would home them. In reality friends are fickle, and are more so when they realize the financial and time commitment that the APBT will demand. These dogs are not for everyone! There are enough dogs that end up in shelters daily. There are plenty of attacks that take place by dogs that were bred without regard for temperment. How can we fully estimate temperment if we have no real idea about the characterisitcs of the parents, grandparents, etc. There are plenty of neglectiful situations that occur. Friends may want dogs like yours, but they may not be willing to put time into making them good pets. I see this song and dance replay itself week after week in my hometown. Young couple gets pitbull puppy, puppy grows up...puppy fever is over, and dog is neglected or abandoned. You do not want to add to this problem, and a litter of 12 pups will get you going that direction fast.

Secondly, is the issue of Dog Aggression in the American Pitbull Terrier. Often APBTs can live happily with other dogs, but we are irresponsible as owners if we ignore the traits that were selectively bred into them for centuries. You may already kow this, but American Pitbull Terrier was bred specifically for canine combat for centuries. One of the bi-products of this is said Dog Agression. All three of your dogs are young now, but in the near future one, or more may "turn-on" and there will be a need to be seperated. Do as much research into this fact as possible...don't leave your dogs at risk. Supervise them closely. Seeing as you've admitted that they've been in scuffles leads me to believe that they are headed in that direction.

Other than that agian welcome to the site.

ColbyDogs likes this.