1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Neighbors' dog got hit and killed - warning: RANT!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by SpencerPits, Feb 26, 2005.

1. SpencerPits

SpencerPits Big Dog

This isn't pit bull related - just wanted to share this and also vent a little. Short story is that my neighbors dog was struck by a car (well, a truck) and killed yesterday. Now, the long story...lol...I live in a somewhat rich, very stuck up neighborhood. While the only things my neighbors have said about my dogs is they don't like them barking (this has been resolved, btw) I'm sure many of them don't approve of my dogs just because they are pit bulls. Anyway - one of my neighbors has a couple of little black mutts that run around everywhere (mostly just in their yard and the street in front of their yard). Another neighbor also has a little black dog who wanders EVERYWHERE! He runs by my house all the time (at all hours) to go play with the other 2 dogs. He is what used to get my dogs barking by coming in our front yard. (And the neighbors complained to me!) Needless to say, these 3 little dogs aggrivated the sh!t outta me. The one who wanders real bad ran up to me while I was at the mailbox and started growling at me. UGH! Anyway, yesterday my sister and I were out walking the dogs around the front and side yard. A 3rd neighbor came down the hill, and I just had a bad feeling. I heard this loud thud, but when I looked he was continuing on towards the cul-de-sac and the largest of the dogs was chasing his truck. No yelping, no screeching tires, nothing. And since he kept going and the larger dog was running around, I thought all was alright. Well, the wife runs outside screaming "Oh, my god! Gracie!" over and over. The guy that hit her turned around in the cul-de-sac and parked by the curb. Anyway - the dog apparently died. They left her in the road like idiots until a car came along and needed by. I mean, these people are friggin idiots! I got complaints about my dogs barking, yet these people think their dogs can run around ANYWHERE! It urks the sh!t outta me! UGH! I feel for the dog, but I hope it serves as a lesson to all these morons. My next door neighbor used to let her Weimerweiner (spelling?) run loose every night! I don't know if they still do. I can just imagine one of those friggin dogs running up from behind me or something while out walking my dogs (on a leash of course), a fight ensuing, and me getting sued for the little mutt's vet bills, my dog being put to sleep and my others being confiscated! All because I own pit bulls instead of yappy little mutts with self esteem problems!

OK - got all that off my chest! I feel a little better now. Sorry for such a long rant. :o

2. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

i think i might live in your neighborhood spencer lol

3. SpencerPits

SpencerPits Big Dog

Well, if everybody around you is stuck up and acts as if the world owes them something, yes you probably do live in the same neighborhood. LOL.

4. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Tell your everyone they are amstaffs almost no-one knows what them are. So you get the chance to describe the breed to them and can make it sound as nice as you like. ''Yeah they look like pitbulls but they were never used for fighting, this was strictly the show breed. They are super loyal and love everyone! Basically mam, its a pitbull without an attitude". This is what I had to do when I first got my dog because we werent sure how the neighbors would take it, we told them it was an amstaff and they all loved him. A couple months later I told them it was really an American Pitbull terrier and they couldnt believe it. Its also a good way to show the general public what pitbulls are really like.