1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

need some help

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by llegend, Apr 14, 2012.

1. llegend

llegend Pup

Hey guys need some help my year old pup has a irritated eye. I notice yesterday while n park he had some grass n one of his eyes I wiped it out then washed it out .his eye is kinda red and it tears up I was wondering what can I use to clear up his eye I was considerng some eye drops. But I'm not to sure. Any help would be great thanks

2. A vet visit

3. llegend

llegend Pup

That was my next option. Thanks

4. It should be your first. Eye injuries are nothing to fuck around with.

5. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Well you can take the dog to the vet and you can buy some terramycin which is an antibacterial ointment for the eye as long as there are no tears cuts or lacerations to the eye I would think the ointment would be sufficient. Nothing wrong with having it looked at by a vet but I keep terramycin on hand for mild eye irritations and it works. Google it you can get it at several places online

6. llegend

llegend Pup

thanks for the info sadieblues

7. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

You are welcome ... Make sure if there are any cuts or tears to get it looked at or if the irritation gets worse or you dont see improvent within 7 days after starting the ointment to see a vet. Good luck to you and your pup most likely an allergy irritant but I am not a vet and I can't see the dog in person so I am just giving you my best guess based on what you told me.