1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Need some advise on dewormer

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by spliff, Jun 5, 2010.

1. spliff

spliff Big Dog

2. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

You should take em to the vet and let them do it.

3. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

1cc per 10lbs safeguard wont hit the tapeworms though. I'd worm with ivermectin as well

4. Jelet

Jelet Banned

5. spliff

spliff Big Dog

i know im just using this for roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, & giardia i use ivermectin for heartworm. i just wanted to double check on the product and the dosage..

6. spliff

spliff Big Dog

i try to stay as far away from vets as possible..my vet charges $55 per visit plus $40 for the worming that's $95 per dog for some yo yo to shoot 50 cents worth of meds in my dogs mouth.

7. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

LMAO... Well in that case you ain't wrong... take naus' advice.

8. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Great post:)
    Doesnt that shit piss you off? lol

9. If you're in this breed from quite some time now, there are things about hogs that don't need vets if it's a simple deworming questions. When I started I kept on jotting down tips and advices from old timers about medicines, keeps, inbreeeding, linebreeding, outcross and what not. If not all.... several vets will you rip you off specially upon knowing that what you have are APBTs (no shit it's true). What you learn and what works for you keep it, what don't work leave it. Rule of thumb..."be associated with the right people, because in this breed and sport there are just 2 types of people. One who will rip you off and the other is the one who let others rip him off."

10. chucho

chucho Big Dog

I picked up some wormer at A local feed store that is called "RFD" (pyrantel pamoate). Its 5ml for every 5lbs of body wt.

11. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

do the safeguard then the next day give the pyrantel pamote, give ur dog tapiocca to sooth the lining of the stomach, but whats left from one dose the next would finish off

12. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

I use happy jack, rfd and pro pet roundworm treatment. Not all at once. Then I treat wth an ivermectin solution.

13. spliff

spliff Big Dog

so just to clarify 6cc safeguard should take care of 55-65lbs.dogs?
    is that just a one shot deal or should i hit em a few days in a row?also how often do you recommend using it,is there a risk of overdose?