1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

need help.

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by mike333, Aug 13, 2005.

1. mike333

mike333 Big Dog

My pit tenny {in the pic} has this thing about chweing her leashes up & I was wondering if I got a chain leash if it would break her from it or just break her teeth?She's a really agressive chewer.

Attached Files:

2. is she on a leash all day? if so maybe you should put her on a chain. if it is her walking leash then keep it away until you are walking her and then correct her not to chew while it is on.

3. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

Another thing to stop her from chewing on her leash is to soak it in vinegar and then let it dry.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2005
  4. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

is she chewing on the leash while you try tu walk her? if she is, that's her way of showing dominance during walks....

5. mike333

mike333 Big Dog

I keep her on a tieout mainly until I walk her.Then I'll put her leash on and walk her around a bit.She usually chews on it when we run she twist around while she's running and acts like it's another dog.She get's hold of it and pins what she can of it in the ground and shakes the hell out of it.

6. mike333

mike333 Big Dog

Thanks alot for the advice,I'll try it out.

7. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

I cant believe nobody pointed this out yet...dogs dont like bongs...and putting up a pic of your dog using one is kinda risky online in front of the world and all....
    LOL J/K no... you can also use ALUM its in the spice aisle....mix it with water and make a paste, rub it on sparingly where she chews it and let it dry, it is real bitter and she will immediately stop chewing the said item....then make her wait for about 5 minutes to let her to her water which she will be dying for, then give her the leash back, let her make the mistake again if she dare, she will figure it out after tasting it a couple times...

8. mike333

mike333 Big Dog

thanks alot mister.dman.How do you know dogs dont like bongs?lol:D