1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

need help with redirecting

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by sweetscience, Apr 15, 2013.

1. sweetscience

sweetscience Big Dog

I am trying to help an apbt in the shelter to become adoptable.When his da switch turns on , the dog redirects his frustration and graps hold of my jeans.( he ripped a few lol) The dog IS VERY PEOPLE FRIENDLY and is ok with most females and some males. Any suggestions,advice,are appreciated by both myself and my buddy at the shelter!!

2. That's not the kind of dog to adopt out to the pubic. I'm sure you now how to fix the situation. One day when it doesn't get your jeans but a mouth full of leg you'll understand if you don't. A seasoned bulldog owner can handle a dog like that possibly. Not your average joe blow coming into a shelter. You're just setting up the breed for another shit story.

3. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Agreed Boogie not the type of dog that should be adopted out to the average pet owner. I highly doubt a seasoned handler will be looking at the shelter for a bulldog so I would say PTS before the dog and his potential new owner makes news headlines.

4. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

Go with the above....some could tell you do this,do that..but if ya have no-one with the experience...even if you get it to stop takeing hold of you,,it will be simmering underneath,,if you can't get some-one with the no-how,,of this prob .then..p.t.s.........

5. Here's what can happen when one redirects when they are trying to get to a dog they can't get to. Not something the general public needs to own.

[​IMG]

6. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

Ouch.. did this happen to your arm recently?

7. During the winter

8. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

I'm starveing now...lol.....steak+chip's ,,i think...lol....ouch.....happen me a few times..but not that bad...people should remember any large dog(breed) can do this...

9. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Yeah a redirect can be really bad,you can see Boogie's pic and imagine some newbie getting the dog. I had to have a plate and 6 pins to put my finger back together a few months ago due to a dog bite,not exactly a redirect (more of a miss of the intended target,lol)but close enough. While the dog I am sure would be fine with some people,those people usually don't go to shelters for dogs.