1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help from show folks (dudly nose)

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by RedGoodbye, Jul 22, 2010.

1. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

My question to the show folks on the board is "How big of a fault is a Dudly nose" when showing adba.It dosent effect working ability so I would think it is a minor flaw. Do judges tend to overlok this fault like say ear set? Or is the trait truely undesireable in the show world?
    Thanx in advance

2. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

ummmmmmmm bump

3. synno2004

synno2004 Top Dog

Get out there and have FUN!!!

4. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Umm Thanks.
    But seriously thow.......Anyone wanna throw me a bone?lmao

5. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

lets see a pic of that thing

6. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

but to answer your question, that would stick out like a sore thumb like a merle would, only because this trait describes a dog of a mixed lineage, not necessarily comparible to prick ears or high or low set tail or overshot or undershot. you would give all the jackasses there a chance to point you out and act like they know somethin, and I wouldnt care if my dog was green, if someone said it was bad Id be pissed

7. littleblackdog

littleblackdog Big Dog

There is no standard in the ADBA, lol, every dog has his day and any dog can win so that dudley nose isn't that big of a deal. I seen a dog take at least 5 1st place ribbons and a best in show with a dudley nose this year.

8. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

aint buyin that my friend, dudley is clearly a fault that will disqualify ya, maybe it wasnt a dudley but rather a light red nose color.what shows were those?

9. Somebody commenting doesn't know shit from shineola. The nose won't hurt you in the ADBA.

10. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

would you show one slim? I guess youd know seein you drive all the way around the country for these shows, Ive never even seen one, can you show some examples?

11. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

ok as you were, let me back up, I couldnt find where it would disqualify you, but it is albinism and doesnt necessarily mean mixed bred but it means likely to have health problems, and is a major fault, thats what the rule says. Id still like to see one and even see one win for that matter

12. Look simpleton, run your yacker all you want. IDK what where I do or don't drive has anything to do with the subject, other than I've seen more examples of what does and doesn't win I guess, oh and the fact that I support all the clubs and the breed. If you had a dog like mine maybe you'd drive a little more too! LOL

At least it appears as though you went and read the standard now. Something maybe you should have done before calling people out on the subject huh.

13. So now a dudley nose is albinism? LOL OK slick whatever you say. Guess maybe you better call out Hank Greenwood then cuz he placed one in Georgia earlier in the year. LOL

14. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

remember Ive beat yer dogs, and sorry im not impressed with your collection although you may win in the show ring that only says one thing about you, and ya need to watch yer mouth as all that was implied is that I know you and that you have credibility in the show ring,and all I asked for was some examples not to try and be cut down

15. LOL nothing is a fault, every judge is different, we have a dog that wins evertime with undershot.

16. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

just go give it a shot man...

17. You stated that a dog with a dudley nose is clearly a sign of mixed lineage. SIMPLY NOT TRUE.

Then you stated it's clearly a fault. SIMPLY NOT TRUE.

You stated a dudley nose is part of albinism. SIMPLY NOT TRUE.

Not my fault you haven't done your homework, I just cleared up the things that were incorrect. Check with the ADBA if you think you're right.

You want to get smart and refer to me as slim and babble about my travels, LOL that's fine I'll respond as I please.

The watching your mouth is a 2 way street, so take your own advice. I'm not bothered by internet talk. Sorry I don't have examples and pics to provide you. It's not my hobby to take pics of others dogs at the shows. Doesn't mean just because I don't have pics that I'm wrong though.

Congrats on beating my dogs if you have. Post up some pics of them wins and where they were. :) I'd love to see what I lost to.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2010
  18. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

well thnx for the clarification, now you have my attention, first beatin your dogs isnt that big of a deal, you didnt breed them, they arent game bred, you breed them because they bark and your ass just prolley has a treadmill, ha to think of your show dogs meetin mine face to face, id be picking up pieces of them in my yard with a shovel and putting them into my wheel barrel, get what I mean, they'd get eaten,oh you support clubs, you mean you show up and peddle collars to the members