1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

need a bit of help

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Rocko, May 2, 2009.

1. Rocko

Rocko Big Dog

I have been researching and reading and looking all over the forum and have come up with some concls. but wanted to ask....
    I have been offered a pup from someone I know (not a whole lot just that he is rep. in the area and does own a shop/kennel/vet). Its 12weeks and one of two pups off the mom. I dont have a copy of the papers yet but I know papers dont mean much....I saw pics of his sire(monopoly) and dam(dont remember) and they were 40-55lbs. He is virgil/jocko and supposed to be pretty "tight". Im mostly looking for a new pup that will be very active and love exercise (my current two are starting to get lazy on me:rolleyes:) I know there are different virgils and I havnt gotten more background on him yet (kinda all got brought up this morning)......

All sugestions welcome, Im going to keep reading old post and see what I can find....

Oh and with all shots up to date everything he said 450? opinions on that...

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2009
  2. Marty

Marty Guest

Just read the rules and live by them and your all good ;)

3. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Price you pay is between yall, what some is worth is what someone is willing to pay.. I know of $15,000 un-paperd dogs that someone will pay and then I know of really really well paper bred dogs that ppl will place into good working yards for free....

I have always said the PERSON you get yer dogs from matters 10 fold as to how the pedigree reads....

Virgil/jocko well good dogs are where you find em' talk to the breeder and ask him what his standards are, does he cull? How often does he breed?? Has he hunted/shown/w-p with his dogs??? The best info is from the person with the yard and a knowledgeable buyer to ask the right questions. If you feel your not at that level to know what's what, good lines bad lines good ppl bad ppl, then I would say that YOUR not ready... We can't tell you if it's a good idea or not use your OWN common sense....

4. Rocko

Rocko Big Dog

Thanks, I knew you would post up on he with some help:D...Hog hunting is/was real big here and I know that much about them, but Im going to do some more reaserching and talk to him some more...