1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Nature's Variety

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by findrodhere, Jan 30, 2006.

1. findrodhere

findrodhere Top Dog

Anybody feed their dog the nature's variety frozen raw dog food patties? Any issues or complaints?

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Try a search. This is the biggest poll we've had concerning it....and if you take the time to read it you will find your questions will be answered.

3. findrodhere

findrodhere Top Dog

The nature's variety prairie brand raw dog food patties. 14rock I couldn't find anything in there dealing with this food. It's the barf diet prepackaged.

4. Atwater27

Atwater27 Big Dog

I used to use Nature's Variety but now I just use Wildlife Beef-fish-Hen. I start out with that stuff, mix in some Xcalbiber over at greentripe.com, then I sprinkle some Alfalfa meal. It's much cheaper than Nature's Variety. The stuff stinks hella bad:eek:, but my doggies love it

5. findrodhere

findrodhere Top Dog

How much does it cost to feed your dog? How about for a 50-60lb dog?

6. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

It's a great food. HOWEVER, for one 50lb dog, it will run you upwards of $300 a month for food if you feed those patties solely. If I remember correctly, I priced the amount to feed one of my 50lbs at $95 a week. Sorry, but there are many other healthy ways to feed that's cheaper.....especially for those of us who have many dogs.

7. Atwater27

Atwater27 Big Dog

I never realy tried to figure out.

I always have some solid gold lying around so I can start mixing it in when I start running out of the raw stuff. It's cool cause Greentripe.com is just half an hour drive from my place so I don't need to pay for shipping.

What I'm trying to get right now is someone that can sell me some menhaden fish meal. That stuff would be a very healthy cost effective way to feed my doggies if i can ever find some.

8. findrodhere

findrodhere Top Dog

Mia- the ones I got include: 8 patties for 16-17 dollars and a 60lb dog takes 2 a day, so not as much as 95 dollars a week. Were you talking about a more expensive version?

Atwater27- Do you gradually start mixing in the raw diet? Any luck on the fish meal?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2006