1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Nature's Variety Instinct

Discussion in 'Nutrition' started by bullydogs, Mar 4, 2008.

1. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

Has anyone given this feed a try. I am contemplating switching over to something new. I currently feed Cannidae. However, i am not too satisfied with its results during conditioning programs. I do feel its a good all around maintaince food, but the protein min% is too low in my opinion. Instinct's min Protein % is 42. Cannidae(chicken&rice) is 26%

Any info or feedback regarding this food would be greatly appreciated.

2. GABulldog

GABulldog Big Dog

ive heard NV is a good feed, but if you have the $$ and looking for high protien timberwolf organics awesome feed...i feed wellness, not too expensive but good...%34 protien if your conditioning. or if you have the time feed raw

3. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I don't know about the Instinct in particular. I fed Nature's Variety Prairie -- switched off between the Lamb and the Chicken -- for a while, and was very happy with the results. I also included the raw medallions and patties whenever possible.

4. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

Yeah, i was all ready to give TW a try. Until all the crap about ingredient and labeling problems. I have also heard the feed is not as consistent of late...because of the owners problems in paying his bills. Resulting in several different manufacturing plants producing the food. I do not know if all this stuff has much of a impact on the quality of feed. However, i do feel the consumer should have the trust of a company to fully & accurately label the ingredients in their food.

I will look into wellness. I do add fresh chicken, and occassionally Jack M.
    Thanks for feedback.

Baha, thanks for you input.

5. dogged

dogged Big Dog

I feed it half and half with raw and have good results. I alternate between the Rabbit and the Duck-Turkey. The dogs love it. The fat content is high so, like TW Wild and Natural, you don't feed that much.