1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

My Two Cents Worth!

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by gator, May 2, 2004.

1. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

I dont like the way everybody bashes Muglestones dogs yes i know this is a game dog fourm I seriously doubt any has ever seen a muglestone dog in real life I remeber one person in the fourm claimed he saw muglestones "Lobo"
    he is around 120lbs or something and he said the dog was really fit ive seen these dogs in real life ive seen how energetic they are and how they have plety of staminia no this is not a joke in my opion they look very nice btw im just using muglestone as an example other kennels have decent dogs they are not the fat hippos you claim them to be but yes in there early breeding they where probably bred with the persa and Bulldog and then people bash the lines like Gotti and Razors Edge when I saw Notourious Juan Gotti he was the most athletic dog i had seen yes he could have lost around 10lbs but damn he was nice

In spite my love of these dogs [i dont have a name for them] I do equally like these game bred PITBULLS that are more athletic and more versitile but these are bred to keep the breed alive and bred to be able to work but the blue pits are bred for compaionship house hold pet although yes the prices are ridiculous but if you look around you can find them for 125USD the point is both sets of dogs are bred for diffrent things so why do we compare them.

2. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

good post....i agree, but i also don't like the big dogs bred for color....in every breed there are working dogs and there are show dogs...period, you hardly ever see a working show dog...take cocker spaniels for instance, there is NO possible way for a show cocker to be a good working water dog, too much coat! it goes that way in every breed....we just prefer a working apbt and we are lucky enough to have shows such as the adba and aadr that prefer the working look...in other breeds, most working dogs can't be shown, because they look nothing like the show dogs. sad, but that's just how it goes....

3. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

I believe the trouble begins when people try to pass these dogs off as APBT. APBT were a purpose bred canine, if a line isn't capable of running with the bulldogs it shouldn't call itself as such.

A better classification for these oversize dogs would be Super Staffs, Bully Staffs or XXL Staffs. I say this because they're much more along that side of the family tree than they are APBT.

houstonapbt likes this.
  4. lil_bit807

lil_bit807 Big Dog

I too am a big fan of this forum. Since becoming a member, I have learned a great deal. I have a very small yard that consists of 4 APBTs and 1 STAFFY. Some are game bred and some are not. I have to say there is a great deal of opinions that get passed back and forth and sometimes becomes confusing. I am not a critic of opinion as to each their own. I don't agree with all the negativity between one's preference in a dog versus another. I don't believe in cross breeds either. For someone like me who is a beginner so to speak, some discussions in the forum are very confusing. One person may see it one way and the other person in another way. How are we to know what is fact and what is a fabrication? I have begun to educate myself through reading material as well as this forum. I am still learning and will continue to ask the wonderful members of this forum for advice, as many of them have been a great help to me. I think if everyone kept in mind that "everyone is entitled to their opinion but we can all agree to disagree. Not all opinons are meant to be heard either. Just be respectful about it and we can all get along.

5. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

Not all opinons are meant to be heard either. Just be respectful about it and we can all get along.

worth repeating

6. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Everyone has their standards. When you move away from the original though, you are changing the breed. There is no new, improved, updated version. Making changes to the original standard makes a new breed. Crossing other bloods into it makes a new breed. They may have started with the same bloodlines many years ago but breeding for different standards has changed them to a totally different dog.JMO

7. SO how about a game staff? Dont tell me you dont think they exist. I'll bring one to your house tomorrow!

8. As long as there are ZERO breed-outcrosses...they ARE still the same dog. They're attitude, abilities, instincts, looks, athleticism, temprament, and everything else can be different...but if not outcrossed to another BREED....they are still the same breed of dog. Not defending the biggies....just stating reality.

9. Wayne

Wayne Big Dog

I`m sure if you are in Japan there are still plenty of game bred staffs but here in the states there are few and far between.

10. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

The best game bred staffs are irish ones and I belive that back in the day good irish staffs would have given hell to pitbulls

11. Wayne

Wayne Big Dog

I agree. The Irish kept the dogs bred very tight game.My coment was refering to the person in Japan were there is still legal dog fighting going on.Of course you`ll have game bred staffs.

12. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

*** Not to be discussed ***

13. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

Why do you need to breed for "companionship" and "house hold pet" when this WORKING animal can be a great companion dog and a good house dog?

A game STAFF is just that, a game STAFF.

The REAL point of creating a breed is to create dogs that reproduce their abilities to do well at their given task, isn't it? After generations of breeding for OTHER qualities, aren't you creating another breed?

For the original post...

Yes, this breed is versatile but this versatility came from the original APBT (game bred). I'm not against people owning (responsibly) the breed as a pet or whatever. When they start breeding outside of standard is where I see a problem. You ask, "[If] a game bred dog does not fit into a persons lifestyle so does that mean they should not still try to find a bulldog that does fit into their lifestyle?" YES! If a certain breed of dog doesn't fit into your lifestyle the obvious solution is to move on to another breed! Isn't that the case with every breed?! Why should it be different here?

DryCreek likes this.
  14. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

Great post.

15. simms

simms CH Dog

I'm on the opposite side of the fence, as I beleive that this breed is not for the general public.

Old man, what has the general public done for and against this breed ? IMO they have caused more harm than good. For those that do have this breeds name in common, there only interset is to ensure that they are allowed to keep their petbulls and breed for their "Idea" of what and how the standard should evolve too.

Keep in mind, if given opprotunity they would linch you and I and any one else ....and hang the dogs that are to standard out to dry.

I beleive in education, however I do not encourage the general public to maintain or obtain this breed.

With all do respect.

Regards.

BTW, I have not read any other response to this thread....

16. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Are you referring to a gamebred Staffordshire Bull Terrier? If so, I'll agree that some still exist.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2005
  17. No, Im refering more towards a dog who's Sire/Dam was a proven bulldog, but the other parent was a dog who, lets say....6-7 generations back, started being bred for looks/conformation. You'd call that one a staff, and since not proven, no matter if the other parent was proven...ya'll would call that puppy a staff as well. So what if that pup went on to prove its self to be game? real game. What would you call that pup? Especially if that pup went on to take a contracted event? Would it still be a staff? Unbias opinions please.....

18. simms

simms CH Dog

Ide call it the better dog that day....LOL

Regards.

19. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Guest

All opinions have the right to be heard thats why we have freedom of speech even though we dont like or agree with each other we should be respectful to others even if we dont all get along.

20. crunK

crunK Pup

People breeding Big headed thick boned dogs is not the issue among us. It's when they call them American Pitbulls.