1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

My staffy on the lead vs dog off the lead

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by magicman200, Nov 8, 2012.

1. This got me thinking the other day when I saw 2 large mongrel dogs off the lead attack a woman and her small toy dog.The woman was screaming and shouting as the dogs were trying to bite them. I walked the full length of the park and the owner only just broke it up with no real hurry about it. The next thing I knew the larger dog made a beeline for me and my wee boy and staffy. I held my boy behind me and let my dog hold off this mongrel while still on the lead. If my dog had tore this dog a new 1 their would be no come backs from the police ? cheers.

2. Unfortunately magicman, the Police would probably confiscate your dog as through ignorance,they would see it as "one of those devil dogs"

3. Foundation

Foundation Big Dog

legally you should know any dog controlled on the leash is 100% in the RIGHT in a situation like this.. THE DOG AT LARGE is the problem, and your dog is protecting you and yours; why else to have a dog if not for companionship and protection as city/town dweller?

4. jake

jake Pup

you never come out ahead in a situation like this with a dog like this. doesn't matter how morally right you are, the law will never see it the same way. good way to lose your dog and cause a headline that does none of us any good.

5. david63

david63 CH Dog

I had a problem back in september Walking my pit in the neighborhood on a leash. I was talking to my neighbor and his Rottweiler jump off his front porch and came out in the street to me and my pit is about 52 pounds and the Rottweiler is 100 pounds The owner Acted like He didn't care too. But when my dog grab his Rottweiler upside the head and would not let go and started screaming. his owner said get him off get him off. His owner called animal control on me too and my dog was on a leash. Animal control said my dog was on a leash. and his dog was not on a leash and not under control.

6. charleyd

charleyd Pup

depends on the local laws where you live , in ireland restricted breeds must be muzzled and on a leash no longer than 3 feet and accompanied by someone over 16 years old , when in public

7. david63

david63 CH Dog

THE dog law in Ireland are messed up.

8. blanch

blanch Big Dog

I never allow my dogs to even defend themselves,if a strange dog runs up to them kick,stamp on and punch it.

I threw a shi-tzu type thing into the river once when it ran up to my terrier yapping,better that than my terrier mauls it and brings a lot of hassle to my door.

if there's any come back say it ran up to you growling and you felt threatened.

9. capo

capo Big Dog

Green green green

10. Foundation

Foundation Big Dog

super green...

11. Mickeyg

Mickeyg Top Dog

If ur in a park I bet there's signs saying all dogs must be on the lead ?? There is at mine and that's what I say in that case read the sign dick ed !! Lol

12. PureGameness

PureGameness Big Dog

"I held my boy behind me and let my dog hold off this mongrel." Sounds like your battling pokemon
    You got a vivid imagination.

13. What you saying puregameness ? knob head !

14. PureGameness

PureGameness Big Dog

There's no need for that, do you lack the mental capacity required to reply without vulgar language?
    I'm very offended magicman200.

15. starrline

starrline Pup

magicman wit a dafty