1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

My pups...

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by Twincooks08, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Hi there, my Stafford had pups 8 weeks ago, all healthy and doing really well, one of the bitches went to her new home on Saturday and the guy has been on the phone saying that she has been vomiting regularly after food when took to the vet they said it could be Megaesophogus? I did abit of research and i can't imagine it is cos for the 4 weeks she was eating solids with me she was never sick once and really put weight on. The new owner has given her quite a few big portions of raw chicken and tripe along with dried food,the first day she was fine and on the second day the vomiting started. Anyone any experiences like this? Could it just be an upset stomach from too much raw? All other pups are fine by the way.
    Thanks in advance.

2. jacko

jacko CH Dog

is it possible that she has eaten something other than food causing a blockage ? as the appetite will still be there, hence the vomiting .

3. jaykay

jaykay Big Dog

probably too much raw too soon imo, pups stomachs can be delicate especialy if he has been mixing the raw with kibble.

4. Thanks all, the guy has been back on and its all cleared up by itself after 2 days and just some small meals. Obviously just way too much raw. Its his first dog and the vets got him all worried with the talk of Megaeosophogus. All fine now anyway.

5. jaykay

jaykay Big Dog

good news, glad the pup is ok.