1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

My newest member

Discussion in 'Photography, Artwork & Videos' started by AGK, Apr 29, 2017.

1. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Thought I'd share a few pictures of my newest girl "Roberts Bella". I've had her for about 2 months now. A gift from a mentor of mine that in all honesty, I didn't really want but he kept at me and eventually I gave in and he sent her up to me. I'm glad I did now. She isn't the prettiest thing to look at in comparison to my other dogs but she has a ton of personality and cranks right up. She'll go very well here.

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=588685

[​IMG][​IMG]

We didn't see eye to eye on that barking all day shit so I introduced her to my best bark collar. She don't make too much noise anymore lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pitbulld0gs, oakgrove, niko and 5 others like this.
  2. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Looks good enough to me.

We had a few down from Eunice and Crakckerjack to Trump's Shotgun and Woods Dollar. They worked well on the Bolio cross and the Mims crosses.

You could always give her away. (hint-hint). LOL

S

3. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

I like her. If Slim's phone is busy, you could always ring mine and I'll take her off of your hands lol ;).

corvettedex, DISCOIII and AGK like this.
  4. AGK

Lol I'll keep that in mind fellas. Thanks. She's got a great personality and drive. I'm going to back her up to Geachison in a few months.

Slim I very much believe that about the bolio comment. That's my plan. West also told me that. He really likes how I've bred, over the years, his and BBD's dogs into its own family. He really likes the 2 he has from here. BBD had one from me too but I think he sold everything he had once he got out of the dogs a few years ago. Haven't really stayed much in contact with him since then but I know he is still around and doing well. Kind of miss our phone conversations but as he said to me when he was contemplating retirement from the dogs a few years back, he just wants to spend his twilight years on his chopper. Spent his whole life chained to his dogs, wants to enjoy the rest of it free and on the road. So I don't bug him about dogs anymore. Last time we spoke was when he called me right after he found out I had put my bitch M.I.A. down last year. She was a gift from him and he very much knew what she meant to me. West and I talk about twice a week though still. I have to say, its a big honor to me and a very humbling feeling to have gotten dogs from these men, do a few breeding's of my own with them over the years, under their guidance and with certain dogs and have the people I hold up on a very high pedestal in these dogs want what I have created with their stock. Got nothing but love for both them gentleman. Wouldn't have what I do now without them and I let them know my appreciation and the deep respect I have for both of them almost every time we talk..

5. slim12

That is how it is suppose to work. Paying respect to the ones that laid a lot of the groundwork is pretty awesome.

The guy that turned me onto the dogs as kid.....I feel pretty much the same way. When he was in the dogs he was not well liked. He was well respected, just not liked. I could write exactly what you did and just change the names.

Great read.

S

corvettedex likes this.
  6. slim12

And....her to your Geachi dogs can't do anything but work.

S

7. AGK

Well, that's the plan anyway. Never really know till we know. West has had success with that family for a long time so he thinks it will work then I'm willing to give it a try.

I also have my Yellowman male Charlie. He's RBJxBolio. I will most likey try him with her later on down the road too. I think Bella and him would very much compliment each other.

It's like, one hand has an industrial vise but can lack the will to work an all night shift, the other hand lacks that vise completely but is willing to put in overtime, all the time. Get both in one employee and the work environment will dramatically change. Lol.

It's all theory until it becomes applied practice so thankfully I'm a fairly patient person. I'm in this for the long haul though. The best part of my days are spent doing something dog related, more times than not with my daughters company and many times, her help as an extra set of hands. Been like that for a long time now. Before her it was my son. My only gripe is I wish I had more time to focus on them and less on a career I absolutely loathe. It's a very challenging balance. I make it work but it's at a pretty high cost in more ways than financial. Lol, I'm sure I'm probably preaching to the choir. I do however feel truely blessed by both my family's willingness to oversee my obsessions but also involve themselves in them.

corvettedex, DISCOIII and treezpitz like this.
  8. slim12

Yes. My wife has zero interest in the dogs and to be honest, pretty much hates the idea of the dogs.

My son liked the puppies coming along but that was about the extent of it.

So, yes, you are blessed in that regard.

The cross is as solid as they come. They went down south and brought back a male a female from Mr. Woods. The female was bred to the Kasai male and the male to a few Mims bitches. The Mims females with the heavier Bolio/Snooty and less red Boy did really well. The ones off Kasai and the Cowboy bitch were all go getters. Really pleased.

Not much in these dogs is an absolute, but that breeding would be a 'no doubter'.

Best of luck.

S

9. AGK

Thanks slim. Your more than welcome to one when it gets done. Treez, that goes for you as well my friend.

promoe and treezpitz like this.
  10. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Sure appreciate that, brother. That's very kind of you.

11. slim12

Same for me.

It looks to be a kick-ass breeding.

S

12. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

Pretty dog. Looks like she is giving that bark collar the stink eye.....LOL

pitbulld0gs and AGK like this.
  13. AGK

Thanks, she is the only one to ever wear that collar. I have an automatic one that almost every dog here has had on them at one time or another. Bella however, barks right through the automatic one. She squeals when the one pictured zaps her. Thats my collar for the real stubborn barkers. Never had use it til now. She STFU when it goes off. I'm down to only reminding her once a day now, some days, not at all.

I've been debating on making a thread on the different bark collars I have experience with. I know some people say they don't work but in the many years I've been using them, I have yet to not break one of that habit.

pitbulld0gs and oakgrove like this.
  14. tkebull

tkebull Pup

I've got 2 on Sportdog bark collars. They work well, I don't know how someone could argue their effectiveness. I had one go bad and they replaced it, no hassles, good to deal with...

AGK likes this.
  15. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Congratulations on your new addition!
    I'd like to hear more about the bark collars, since I'm debating them.:rolleyes:

corvettedex and AGK like this.
  16. c_note

c_note CH Dog

I got one that will bark NONSTOP when he thinks it's feeding time. I usually feed at about 10pm on the way to work. AS SOON AS I TURN ON LIGHTS IN THE HOUSE THAT FUCKER IS BARKIN!! He will bark until I come feed him or he gets the picture that it ain't a feeding day... littermate to this one http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=596078.

AGK you shoooooo do get them nicely bred Eli dogs to NOT run em straight... You and I have talked tho. I would be doing the exact opposite of what you are doing with the same types of lines. Good luck with all your plans Brother!!!

AGK likes this.
  17. promoe

promoe Top Dog

i really like that breeding on paper for sure! being that I have never been a huge fan of bolio or the boyles lines lol..going back to the eli would def be the direction I would go. its not rocket surgery but it gives some breathing room for chino and pumpkin. geech2 produces exceptional looking and acting animals. I applaud AGK for his program. his yard is clean and his animals are in great health. I always enjoy our visits even if they are short. I am pretty sure there wont be any of these available to the public..and that's a good thing!

I think he was just showing off lol !!

AGK likes this.
  18. AGK

As my good ol pal the pistola would say, I'm just pumpin up my dogs. Pay me no nevermind. Lol.

Promoe, you and the misses are always welcome here.

corvettedex, slim12 and promoe like this.
  19. slim12

And nothing wrong with that.

I'd like to see some of the bark collars you prefer.

S

20. slim12

I'd like one for one of my house dogs who is a yapper. The other only barks when people are outside, which is a good thing.

Living in the woods and a distance from the public road (not far enough at times) I like dogs that bark.

The Bolio-Red Boy dogs bark at anything that does not belong. When the chickens were in the pens they barked at them until they adjusted. I let the chickens out and they roared for a few days and then adjusted. New dog and they carry a fuss. Then they adjust.

Occasionally there is one that barks just to be barking. He would bother me if the others had not adjusted.

I have had a few that barked just to see where the last bark came from and then repeat.

But like the other thread on barking, in my situation it is a good thing. The yapping house dog is another story.

S

corvettedex likes this.