1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

My DREAM match!!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bullydogs, Jun 14, 2008.

1. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

There has been rumors about this lately. Perhaps, if both fighters continue to win....a match could be set up for early next year.

G.S.P vs Anderson Silva (Spider)

One of the fighters will have to move up a class, or down a class. IMO G.S.P would probably move up. He def. has the frame and strength to handle the 185lb class.

Who wins this fight? And why? Would this be a fight that interest you?

I enjoy watching both fighters compete. 2 of my favorites for sure.
    I am gonna take G.S.P. if he can make it past the first round. G.S.P. stand up is good, but Spiders stand up is the best in the world. If G.S.P can get it to the ground....i believe he will be able to control Silva there and grind out a decision. Or might even stop him on the ground....via strikes.

Man, i would love to see this happen.

2. bigcity

bigcity Pup

I think there is no question as to who wins this fight. Anderson silva is so dominit and the fact that GSP is not use to 185 will be the clear advantage to the spider.GSP is Deff the best welterweight fighter out there but Pound for pound the spider so so much more complete, and the fact that silva could he he so chose move up to light heavyweight and could mix it up ith thoose guys gives anderson silva a big advantage.

Gsp Is good and the welterweight divison is stacked so IMO this would be a bad move for him but it sure would be intersting.

3. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

Silva is still undefeated, right?

4. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

He lost in Pride. No loses as of yet in the UFC.

5. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

Dang, how many times and to whom?

6. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

7. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu Big Dog

The Chonan Heel hook was one of the most amazing finishes I have ever seen!

But 9 out of 10 times, Silva wins.

Have any of you been watching DREAM (the new incarnation of pride)? It was on today for free and there were some great fights. Way less rules than UFC and FREE!

Bullydogs, you would love Manhoef (185 pound contender in DREAM) his stand up is as good as Silvas.

8. texas_dogger

texas_dogger Big Dog

Anderson Silva I believe will win that one hands down his stand up game is amazing

9. jman11

jman11 King of the Valley

Why doesnt Silva step up (like a different BADASS 185lber) and fight Fedor???:confused::confused:

Answer:
    He would get knocked onto Queer Street!:eek:

all this talk of him facing a smaller guy REALLY amuses me, yet i have never heard one word of him taking a step up with the big boys!

10. HugoBoss

HugoBoss Pup

Anderson Silva is under strict contract with the UFC, Fedor and his crew were offered a contract with UFC too , but it looks like Fedors manager didnt like what was put on the table, besides fedor is a HW and Silva is MW. As of right now pound4pound SIlva is number 1, and he gots a good chance of taking over the LH division, aswell.

11. jman11

Pound for pound, Fedor is the best!

Only one loss by cut, all the rest wins. He has never been tapped out nor knocked out.
    - And the cut was by an illegal elbow (if the match was not tournament style, the Win would have gone to Fedor)

I am aware Silva is a 185lb'er. So is Matt Lindland. That didnt stop him from fighting Fedor (and getting tapped out in 2 minutes)

I am also aware of contract issues- but there is plenty of 205ers and Heavyweights that will tear Silva apart

IF he is that good, then step up

Lidell & Rampage to start

He cant fight 205? If you will remember, just a short while ago, Dan Henderson was the 185lb Champion AND the 205lb Champion

I just don't think silva has the body to step up to the big dogs

He is hands down though, the best 185 pounder in the world at this current time.

Best Pound 4 Pound....
    That is pushing it as he has several losses from several different opponents , and he lost these in many different ways, from decisions to TAPPING OUT (Quitting)

Also, when he came over to UFC, He was not the Pride Champion, and we (UFC) also had a very weak weigh class, being out 185lb division

12. HugoBoss

HugoBoss Pup

Again, Ufc does not allow uneven matches, they have to be the same weight class, Silva is so dominant in his division right now, that I see his future going up to LH, I dont see Chuck or Rampage being a threat to him, as for fedor, If Randy was still around he could take him on give Fedor his 1st real ko!

13. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu Big Dog

Manhoef has better stand up than Silva and is a bad match up for him is he comes over from Dream.

14. jman11

For being so strict.. isn't it kind of funny that the UFC allowed a "catch"weight event for the main bout just a few days ago

Hughes weighed in at 170, His opponent could not make weight, stepping on the scale at 174. Matt had the option to not let it go on, but he did

Regardless, matt was going uphill 4lbs ( at weigh ins, on match day prob 10-15) Which is unfair and uneven

So let me get this strait

Matt makes the 170 weight class
    Alves weighs in at 174 - a weight that falls in the 185 lb division

So the UFC does allow uneven matches and the matches DONT have to be the same weight class

Randy could not knock out Silva... we will see what happens next month when Fedor faces him

Also... You have Fedors little brother (who doesnt hold a candle stick to big-bro) who handily tapps out Josh Barnett.... The same Josh Barnett that KNOCKED OUT Randy Couture

Same with Couture... he has been knocked out and tapped out everyway from sunday ( I still have as much respect [or more] for this man - wrestlers always do! )

Whereas Fedor has gone against TOP competition

Fedor has a professional record of 28 wins, one loss (by cut from illegal strike) , and one no contest. Six of these wins are by knockout and fifteen by submission...
    That means 7 went the distance - 3 unanimous decious against Nogueria and 1 against Filipovic (top notch fighters)

also are you forgetting that Randy took the Heavyweight belt before PRIDE broke up, when the UFC heavyweight class was considered "garbage" on a global level

The UFC does alot of hype though... and sadly enough, people fall for it

15. maximusflys

maximusflys Big Dog

And how many nobodies has Fedor fought......... that would be 28 and what kind of elbow is illegal??????????

16. jman11

Now, being honest, this is THE MOST IGNORANT statement I have read on any online forum.

(MAYBE YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO BAIT ME, AS YOU CAN TELL I AM A FANATIC- OH WELL - HOOK , LINE, AND SINKER )

Here is the Current Heavyweight Rankings by mmaweekly.com

#1 Heavyweight Fighter in the World: Fedor Emelianenko - 100 PERCENT BULLDOG

2. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira - FEDOR HAS 3 WINS OVER THIS MAN - CHOKED OUT SYLVIA

3. Randy Couture- HAS NEVER FOUGHT HIM

4. Josh Barnett - FEDORS BABY BRO TAPPED HIM OUT/ BARNETT KO'd COUTURE

5. Tim Sylvia- FEDOR IS FIGHTING HIM NEXT MONTH- ;) RANDY BEAT HIM ALSO- TOOK RANDY 25 MINS TO BEAT HIM BY DECISION - NOGUERIA TAPPED HIM OUT

6. Andrei Arlovski- LOST MULTIPLE TIMES TO SLOPPY SYLVIA

7. Fabricio Werdum-

8. Gabriel Gonzaga - COUTURE BEAT THIS GUY

9. Mirko Cro Cop Filipovic- FEDOR BEAT THIS MAN AS WELL

10. Aleksander Emelianenko - FEDORS LITTLE BRO - BEATS HIM WITH EASE

Make your own assumptions, but
    Fedor holds 4 wins over 2 people in the top 10 (#2 & # 9)
    Couture holds 2 wins over 2 people in the top 10 ( #5 &*)

If anyone has fought both Fedor and Couture, Fedor HAS NOT failed to win in more decisive fashion ( faster, or by tapout)

Lets take a list of "nobodies"
    Matt Lindland,
    Mark Coleman, 2x
    Crocop
    Antonio Nogueria 3x
    Kevin Randleman
    Renato Sobral
    Heath Herring
    Mark Hunt ( This guy beat Cro-Cop and Wanderlei Silva)

AND HE BEAT ALL THESE MEN

I dont even want to start on the Japanese fighters he has gone up against, [ It would be like talkin gamedogs to a staff person]

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

And since you obviously have no idea regarding rules in MMA

RINGS

Emelianenko's only loss in the sport is controversial and came at the hands of Tsuyoshi Kohsaka, at the King of Kings 2000 Block B event on December 22, 2000, via doctor stoppage due to a cut 17 seconds into the fight.[6][26] Footage shows that the cut was caused by a missed looping punch where Kohsaka's elbow struck Emelianenko's head. Elbow strikes are illegal under RINGS rules unless the striker is wearing elbow pads, which Kohsaka wasn't. Emelianenko says that this elbow reopened a cut sustained in his previous fight against Ricardo Arona.[27] Since the fight was in a tournament format, a winner and loser was required as draws or no contests could not be awarded. Since Emelianenko could not advance due to his injury, Kohsaka moved on (the match would have been a no contest or disqualification victory for Emelianenko otherwise).[28] In spite of a hand injury, he avenged the loss at the PRIDE Bushido 6 event on April 3, 2005, defeating Kohsaka by technical knockout when the ring doctor stopped the fight after the first round.[25]

Cliffsnotes:
    Fedor loosed because of cut from illegal strike
    Fedor Comes back, TKO's the only guy who "beat" him

Now, hurry up with some vague hater comment. I think we know who the real nobody is

17. jman11

Let me quote myself for fun:)

So

28 Fights
    (minus)
    15 Submissions
    (minus)
    6 Knockouts
    EQUALS
    7 Fights going the Distance

2 Decisions against Antonio Nogueria
    1 Decision against Semmy Schilt
    1 Decision against Renato Sobral
    1 Decision against Mirko "CROCOP" Filipovic
    1 Decision against Ricado Arona
    1 Decision against Ryushi Yanagisawa
    **Mind you that these were all UNANIMOUS DECISIONS***

Maybe your right, he might of fought 28 nobobies.... but it sure looks that he took care of them like nobodies!

Now if Im wrong... Quote my post and pick me apart!

18. I would like to see bj against gsp first and foremost as a test for bj. Imo it could end any way except for a k.o win for bj.

and thanks to jman you saved me a lot of writing ;)

19. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

A test.....lol. The guy failed this test already, do your homework. I love BJ, however he does not have much of a chance against GSP. JMO. He is way too small, GSP could easily fight 185.

20. Marty

Marty Guest

Enjoy your dogs for a few days, last warning :mad: