1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

my dogs not eating

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by flyguy, Jun 12, 2011.

1. flyguy

flyguy Pup

I noticed my dog was acting kind of funny and he wasn't really eating his food. Then his stomach got really big and swollen, then i saw him pee blood so we took him to the vet. They said he had heartworms and a U.T.I they gave us meds and told us to come back in two weeks for a check up and that he should be fine. Well its only been a week but his acting like his self again but he's kind of skinny now from not eating. Is there anything i can put on his food to make him wanna eat more of it or what? I just want him to pick his weight back up because he looks to skinny for me. Any answers will help thanks

2. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

raw chicken,or turkey tail....give mine raw chicken necks or turkey tails w/her kibble in the mornings

3. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

Hot chicken broth... had that problem twice, adding solids didn't help, but saturating the kibble in chicken broth did.

4. fonzie

fonzie Top Dog

yup heart worms

5. carstylez

carstylez Pup

ouch they sound ruthless. hope he recovers

6. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

boiled chicken/rice.

7. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

I've heard some people say green tripe and/or lard added to the food helped thier dogs want to eat and gain weight

8. Texican

Texican Big Dog

Bacon Grease Poured Over the Kibble has helped Me

9. If your dog is not eating then you should change your dog's food.May be he want to change his food or want to eat some other foods.You can also discuss with your doctor about his health.

10. Roche

Roche Big Dog

Boiled rice/chicken (mixed with kibbles) works for most people even with cases like this

11. jacko

jacko CH Dog

#9 are you for real ? and have you got your puppy checked out yet ?

12. Sm0kEyNy

Sm0kEyNy Pup

isnt that for diariah?

13. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

pumpkin for diarrhea.

14. Sm0kEyNy

Sm0kEyNy Pup

always heard pumpkin for pudding chicken an rice for water diariah but either way *cough* back to topic

15. Eugene

Eugene Pup

This way your dog could become weaker.
    Try some better food like pedigree or other foods.
    It would help to fulfill the nutrition deficiency for your dog.

16. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

LOL pedigree, you're a joke.

17. SacRedboyOwner

SacRedboyOwner Top Dog

Lmao Pedigree!!!! I hope u really don't think that's quality food.

18. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

You could try low-fat cottage cheese, the protein is predominantly casein which is slow digesting. Mix in a little Greek yogurt (plain with no added sugars) if possible for probiotic bacteria, calcium, and added protein.

19. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Split an egg and stir it in there with it!

20. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Lard and hamburger will help a lot. add some cottage cheese or natural yogurt. If your dogs doesn't eat that and gain weight then you're in trouble!