1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

My boys competing in DOCOF

Discussion in 'Photography, Artwork & Videos' started by ultimatek9, Sep 30, 2011.

1. ultimatek9

ultimatek9 Top Dog

Two of my boys, Hennessy and Boom, were selected to represent our training club at DOCOF (Dog Obedience Clubs of Florida) this year.
    This was only Boom's second time stepping into an obedience ring, and the first obedience competition for either of them outside of our training club.
    I am very proud of my boys. Hennessy was the top scoring dog for our team, with a 193, and placed 14th out of 112 overall in Novice. Boom was the 3rd highest scoring dog for our team, with a 191, and places 24th out of 112 overall in Novice.
    I forgot to mention...Hennessy was the only American Pit Bull Terrier there, and Boom was the only Staffordshire Bull Terrier. However, there were tons of border collies, shelties, poodles, goldens, and aussies; and my boys kicked their butts :)
    Here are some pics from their routines.

Hennessy - 4yr old APBT

on leash heeling
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

figure 8
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

stand for exam
    [​IMG]

off leash heeling
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

recall
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

finish
    [​IMG]

Boom - 18mth old SBT

on leash heeling
    [​IMG]

figure 8
    [​IMG]

stand for exam
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

off leash heeling
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

recall
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

finish (where Boom lost 4 points for box turning off of me twice, before finally finish)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They didn't get any pictures of my boys during group sits and downs, but this gives you an idea of how crazy this competition was.
    There were seven rings (2 Novice, 2 Open & 3 Utility) competiting all at the same time. The 400 plus dogs competing were split into 3 groups of over 100 dogs for sits and downs.
    [​IMG]

The calm before the storm
    [​IMG]

Score Sheet.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

2. kalenhcc

kalenhcc Big Dog

Boom looks great I love the one white leg.

3. bauer

bauer Top Dog

Real nice..