1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

My boy

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by DaksGT, Feb 8, 2012.

1. DaksGT

DaksGT Pup

Hi All,

New to the forum. I've been reading for the past month or so. About 8 months ago I got a Staffy. My friends mothers friend is a breeder. She has been in the business for over 30 years. She had a litter that produced two males. Both the mother and father are show champions. My dogs brother was purchased by another individual with the intent of being a show dog. No one wanted my boy as he has an undershot jaw, not by much, maybe .5cm. I ended up taking him for next to nothing when he was 4 months of age. I have posted two pictures, the camera quality is awful as it was taken by my Blackberry. The one picture of him sitting was when he was about 11.5 months old. He is approaching 14 months now. The picture of him standing by the bed was this morning. He's about 14.5" at the shoulder and weighs in at around 37lbs is my guess. He's fed raw. The breeder has mentioned that he and his brother are extremely slow to develop, so I'm guessing he's got some growing to do. He's a wonderful pet, and that's all that I want him to be. He's smart, obeys every command. Completely different beast than my old boy. Thought I'd introduce myself.

Attached Files:

2. Herodog1

Herodog1 Top Dog

Great looking boy,

Welcome to the forum. Hows the undershot jaw now, has it changed any from when he was a pup? I couldn't tell he is undershot from the pictures. I look forward to seeing more pics of him.

3. DaksGT

DaksGT Pup

IMG00200-20120129-1139.jpg

It hasn't changed one bit in the 8 months that we've owned him. The only difference is that his upper lips do not overlap the bottom jaw like they do in dogs that are not undershot. It makes him look almost human-like in that his upper and bottom lips actually close together. He'll still hold well - rope, etc...

4. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Welcome to g-d.

5. Julez

Julez Big Dog

Hes cool!!

6. fonzie

fonzie Top Dog

Nice dog and welcome

7. barrySBT

barrySBT Pup

lovely little lad