1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

muscle vitamins

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by PhillyPitty, Sep 13, 2004.

1. PhillyPitty

PhillyPitty Banned

you think i can find some in petsmart? or some kind of website?

2. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

What do you want the “muscle supplement” for? Just too pack on a few extra pounds of muscle or overall health and performance? For a performance enhance supplement you can look at RF-1, Vertex, and/or Peak Performance 2 etc.

3. PhillyPitty

PhillyPitty Banned

well next month I'm signing my dog up for weight pulling in Philadelphia

4. dznutts

dznutts Big Dog

Which would you recomend...

5. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

I hear Red cell works pretty good.I was wondering the same thing my self.

6. AC

AC Big Dog

You know which vitamins i've used and have seen a difference with? LoL you wouldn't believe it. The multivitamins they sell at wal-mart. I purchased a pup many years back who was runt of her litter and 5 weeks old. I had her on them since she was a pup and ended up being the biggest female in her litter. They aren't too pricey either. About 5 bucks for 50 tablets.

7. AC

AC Big Dog

As far as redcell goes your better off with vi-sorbin or lixotinic instead. Much more concentrate.

8. dznutts

dznutts Big Dog

You're kidding, right........I don't believe you!!!

9. AC

AC Big Dog

Nah the vitamins are pretty good there's a more concentrated vitamin called pet-form. Those run about the same price but definetly more potent. Only our veterinarian carries them so i don't think they are an over the counter product.

10. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

you can buy Pet Tabs at most petstores.Your vet should carry them also.I used Life Extension pet formula.

11. chainsoff

chainsoff Big Dog

I have seen people use vitamin c tablets. They seem to work well. Anyone heard of using this?

12. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

anyone have a link to any sites for buying a good supplement.Let me know please.thanks.

13. Norvell57

Norvell57 Top Dog

if i buy a 10lbs. bag of RF-1 how much and how often will i need to give it to them and how long do you think it will last if i give it to two of my dogs

14. dznutts

dznutts Big Dog

post some links....

15. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

Vit C is used for the immune system just like with people.It does nothing for size or muscle structure.

16. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

If you want your dog to pack on some real muscle. Feed it MEAT!!!

17. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

whats a good amount to feed a dog for raw meat.Like one cup of raw meat or what.Just want like a general idea and when you mix in rice with there food is it better to cook it first.Never gave any of my dogs raw foods before.Thanks.

18. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

Yes cook the rice first.You can also feed them grits.It helps with weight.If your dog will eat cooked veggies of any sort add some of them.

19. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

Thanks for the info.I'm going to pick up a dog from a friend who is moving and cant take him with.Rednose I believe it's a OFRN

20. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

Whatever you do don't feed your dog cooked food. They don't need rice for anything. The rice is nothing but a carbohydrate and unless your dog is sick or something rice doesn't need to be fed. Dogs don't get their energy from carbohydrates, they get it from the fat off the meat that they eat. If you do decide to feed your dog vegetables, once a week would be enough. Or if you wanted to prepare a meal as if they were feeding in the wild, you could just grind up some vegetables in a food processor and just give them a little bit with each meal throughout the week. Maybe everyother day, but in SMALL amounts. Your dog may or may not eat vegetables. If thats a problem. take a small piece of beef liver maybe 4 or 5 segments and grind that up with the vegetables. Makes a good meal for them and will clean their system out. Let me know if you have anymore questions