1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Muscle Up Powder

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by diva, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diva

diva CH Dog

I was browsing around at the feed store today. I saw this stuff called muscle up powder. Have any of you ever used this? What results did you see? Any input would be appreciated.

[​IMG]

Muscle-UP™, a premium, fast-absorbing vitamin and mineral muscle enhancing supplement containing Gramma Oryzanol, Creatine and DMG. Gamma Oryzanol is an all-natural alternative to prescription anabolic steroids and Creatine, the "natural steroid" are rapidly gaining a reputation for promoting muscle growth and strength. DMG is an active metabolite (vitamin-like nutrient) known for its ability to retard lactic acid accumulation while improving oxygen utilization, energy, stamina, performance, endurance and muscle recovery time. Muscle-UP™ also contains the essential muscle nutrients; Vitamin E, Folic Acid, Potassium, Calcium, Phosphorus, Iron, Manganese, Copper, Cobalt. Muscle-UP™ is an easy to use powder, which can be mixed with your pets normal food ration; no messy liquids or difficult to use pills.

INGREDIENTS:
    Gamma Oryzanol,Creatine, DMG, Vitamin E, Folic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sucrose, Dextrose, Calcium Gluconate, Dicalcium Phosphate (a source of iron, manganese, copper, cobalt, selenium), Sodium Citrate, Magnesium Sulfate, Ascorbic Acid, Niacin, Thiamine, Zinc Sulfate, ferrous Sulfate, Silica, natural fiber and Melojel

2. Never heard of it or used it, but it sounds great and the ingredients, dont seem bad.....some of them are rather good....

3. the way I feel about it is this (not directed at the OP)......IF YOU WANT YOUR DOG TO "BULK UP"...FIRST OF ALL, GET YOUR LAZY ASS OFF THE COUCH AND WORK YOUR DOG. SECOND OF ALL, THE ONLY "BULKING UP" THAT IS NECESSARY IS AFTER A HEALTH PROBLEM, OR POSSIBLE RESCUE EFFORT. IF YOU WANT A HUGE, MUSCLE-BOUND, THICK DOG....CHOOSE A BREED THAT IS PREDISPOSED TO THESE CHARACTERISTICS...LIKE GERMAN ROTTS.

4. maximusflys

maximusflys Big Dog

This product mentions nothing of bulking up so I don't know where you saw that. This product is like many others out there which is used for energy, stamina, performance, endurance and muscle recovery.

5. "...alternative to prescription anabolic steroids and Creatine, the "natural steroid" are rapidly gaining a reputation for promoting muscle growth..."

That sounds like a bulk-up supp to me! Hell, I might start taking that stuff.

6. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

i prefer NuVet myself. does the same thing. builds muscle while increasing stamina. but, to each is own. :)

7. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

it's probably like any human "muscle builder" (if it actually works), you still have to work out to see some of the results.

8. I totally agree.......
    but the ingredients still didnt look too bad....:D

9. maximusflys

maximusflys Big Dog

Dogs are not humans so they don't bulk up per say as humans can. Genetics will limit the amount of muscle any dog can put on.

10. I understand this concept. However, people who buy into suppliments for their dogs that are unnecessary and sometimes unhealthy do not. The advertising description of the product alludes to the comparison of anabolic steroids and getting bigger muscles. bigger muscles = bulking up.

11. You're right, the ingredients dont look too bad...just not a fan of the pseudo-steroids and the reputation behind the people and dogs who are always looking to build mass.

12. oh I hear ya....

13. Stillwater

Stillwater Top Dog

RF-1 is the only supplement you need, and it will seriously reduce your feed bill.

14. Roadman Jr.

Roadman Jr. Guest

What is RF-1 and is at most feed stores and price.?

15. Pure and simple.

16. Stillwater

Stillwater Top Dog

17. twiztidpitz

twiztidpitz Top Dog

I've been using Muscle Up for almost a year now. It works great, it dosn't "bulk up" your dog, it helps with the lactic acid build up in the muscles after a good work out, helps build some muscle, and helps with hydration. I noticed a huge improvement in my show dogs in their muscle devlopment where they were lacking a little, which was the hip and loin area, in about 3 weeks. I buy the horse muscle up instead of the dog one. Its the same exact ingredients, just comes in a bigger tub, and is ALOT cheaper.

RF-1 I've heard alot of good things about too. I may try this soon to see what kind of results I get from it.

18. We got some RF-1 and was not happy with it at all...still using it some though...but for us vertex works a lot better!

19. diva

diva CH Dog

Thank you all for the response.

I do work my dogs, by the way. I know you said it wasn't directed at me, Iverson. But, just thought I would add that. :)

Right now I do not give any suppliments. I am getting more in to showing the dogs. So, I'm wondering if I should be giving suppliments, as well as working them.

I'm always looking at different things in the feed store though. As a matter of fact, any where I go that has a pet section, I take a look just to see what they have.

I asked the guy at the feed store about this product and he says a person would get the same results as if they used red cell. And I've heard others talk about red cell...so I thought I would ask about this product.

20. jr Pit Guy

jr Pit Guy Big Dog

Not to start an arguement, but I belive it's the Americanized version that's larger. German Rottwiellers, just like most other foreign dogs, are actually bred for performance, not looks. Americans took Rottweillers and bred them for show, thinking bigger was better. Germans are actually smaller, and not as bulky. Sorry, I had to reply.... back on topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.