1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Multiple sires

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by mac 11, May 11, 2009.

1. ROSE

ROSE Banned

This practise has been going on for years,how do you think that these old stud dogs still are produceing 9pup litters to every female that they are bred too? and how one family of black produceing dogs can change from black to red/rednosed in 3 month's time(.another dog helped out).

2. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

I don't see anything wrong with the idea. If you were already going to breed all them mutts in the first place and see what's up, might as well cut your time down. It can be looked at in different ways but to me it's just another breeding practice. If you are against breeding period then you'll be against this practice. If you already breed anyway, and know what you want to get out of the breeding, then why not? Given that you are responsible enough to do the DNA's instead of going by color or nose colors (which CAN be inaccurate). Another take on this would be, that the females anatomy was meant to do this hence the ability to do so.

3. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

its doable cuz each egg is fertilized individually and i think its a good thing to do great bitch why wait to breed her again later to another dog when u can do it now with to

4. multiple sires= juan gotti secret:dogkiss:

5. another thing this breeding method would also allow you to breed two different breeds, in the same litter, for instances a pibull and a english bulldog bred to a pitbull bitch, just might get you short fat compact tight skin pit bull looking dog.

6. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

Not sure what you mean by that statement young. Just for anyone who read your post and is confused like I am... breeding two dogs to the same bitch on the same cycle CAN (might not) produce pups from both sires (one sire for each pup not all three dogs balled in one). It would be like you having two separate litters at once.

Again, not sure what you meant... ? I mean you could breed a english bulldog to a pitbull regularly to get that short tight skin dog you're talking about... why would you use a pitbull dog too??? wtf:confused:

edit: Oh, I think you were talking about them american bully dogs being crossed with other breeds... ? I guess my last statement still stands true tho lol

7. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

if there was a method where the pups came out about half and half then sounds like a good plan for me. It would save time and money.

8. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

There is actually a local breeder here that is doing this and I always assumed it was because they wanted to do multiple breedings with a female, but didn't want to put multiple litters on the ground, maybe to cut down on the quanitity of pups as well as the wear and tear on the bitch. They don't sell to the public, just keep them within their own circle and all dogs involved are DNA profiled so their papers can be ligitimized. Back in the day, people used to refer to it as cocktailing around here, although not necessarily when it's on purpose {lol} but I never hear that term anymore. lol

9. OutInCA

OutInCA Pup

If you have one dame, especially if it her last litter, it is a good tool to allow more than one stud to produce pups from her.:)

Yes, each pup, and the parents (all three) will need to be DNA tested.