1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Mqh

Discussion in 'Patterdale Terriers' started by PIMP, Mar 23, 2014.

1. PIMP

PIMP Pup

Alright I've been searching the patterdale forums for info about MQH patterdales but have found nothing. Anyone know anything about this kennel on California? They claim to have great working patterdales, but so does everyone else...

2. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Patterdales are the last of true terrier type,just like anything if you dont work them and choose the show route the breed suffers.thats what happened to most jack russells and how the amstaff evolved from pitbulls.
    Try califonia catchers if you want a tru terrier in that area, they also run some nice "long dogs" and DOGOs.
    Besides whats a terrier with out a long dog to coarse the bolt...
    Terriers, longdogs(lurchers) & bulldogs for the catch ...Dinner served..lol

3. PIMP

PIMP Pup

Ya California catchers looks good as well. Are you saying MQH is only about show dogs? They claim to work them.

4. JBL

JBL Big Dog

Got to say I had no idea that the patterdale / black fell terrier was such a popular terrier outside of the uk. Nice to know.

5. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Unfortunately the same thing that the uk is known for doing to its breeds,ruin them via shows and not work. Also
    the american "bigger is better" concept that restricts them from going to ground.There is alot of terrier enthusiast
    that hold to the original standards of digging to settes.Check both TERRIERMANs website and his blog is great also.

6. I've had some friends get MQH bred dogs and they turned out well on game. Good genetic potential allows a dog owner to teach each dog a discipline of their choosing. Some go the competition route, some g2g, some run pigs, some work livestock. I hope to personally trade one of my pups for or purchase a male out of MQH's current litter.

7. captmark

captmark Pup

MQH are really good workers. As good as any. But expensive from breeder. Most solid lines have MQH dogs in there. I have some chocolate ones here indirect. And they are just as insane as my blacks. Also they have really good dogs close up in the papers too.