1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

moveing

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by thedude04, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

i am moveing out of country in 9 to 10 mouths i am trying to takemy dog with me and if i cant i guess i wont be going lol has any one had any experince doing this and what it all inttells from what iv looked up and from the info they sent me back in takes 7 mouths to process the paper work and get all his test done and they want everything from him but a body part lol and then he has to be in qorinten for a wekk witch sucks how stresful in travle for a dog its along trip wherer going from nevada to new zealand and im very concerd for his well being on the flight and then the stress of being in a wierd place for a week and not know whats going oni dont know if i full trust the sisuation of this but if any one has gone threw this process befoire or even just an oppion would be great

2. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

I would never, EVER let my dogs be handled by an airline staff. Those people are almost as compitent as parking lot security guards IMO.

3. amen there 1000's of dogs diein from negelect from airlines good luck i hope you and your dog make it ok bad experiences in my behalf

4. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

5. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

im not trying to be a jerk but none of you really provide any info on anything well i guess beside the facts that airport staff suck and dont worry about the laws hes papers are already past to go over there but please if any one has any real info on taking htere dog out country please post it would be gratly appericated

6. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

it doesnt matter what your papers say, if the New Zealand government thinks your dog looks like a pitbull it will not be allowed in their country.. and if you do get it in it is very possible your dog will be euthanized.. why would you risk your dogs life in another country that already bans them?? either dont move there, or find a responsible home for your dog, or have your dog euthanized if you cant place him in a responsible home. its not fair to him to have him sit in a shelter or be with people who dont understand a game dog or a regular pit bull or bring him to a country that could euth him even if your papers state he is not on the banned list...

7. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

agein sorry but not what i asked for like i said his been checked out an approved to go and y in gods name would i give up my dog when he can cleary go and please tell me u wherer not serious when you said i should euthaniz my dog and if he not on the band list and his been appove then whats the big deal so please come down just alittle and dont look on the negative all the time things do work out and life for a petbull owner is not all horror storys and let down as you are kinda making it seem so please if any onme HAS ANY INFO on moving to a diff country please let me know

8. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

who approved your dog to go to new zealand? was it the new zealand government ? or your vet? i am trying to save you heartache, do what you want.. but the breed is BANNED There.. period.. there are no exceptions..... if your paperwork says he is an amstaff, and the new zealand government states he is a pitbull, he is done for... killed, dead, euthanized..... just because your vet states he is ok to go there doesnt mean anything, as the USA vets dont have any jurisdiction in other countries..

when i said euthanize i meant if he was a game dog its VERY hard to find responsible homes for a high strung game dog, and you would be better off euthing him then putting him in the wrong home.. thats what i meant,..,

instead of asking for advise here, you should be contacting the new zealand government to see if you can bring your pitbull into a country that has banned them from coming in .......

i would never put my pitbulls life in danger by moving to a country that has banned them, i would stay right where i was or find someplace that didnt ban them..

9. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

Whats so F*&^ing hard to UNDERSTAND???!!! New Zealand DOES NOT ALLOW PIT BULLS IN THEIR COUNTRY!!!! I had no idea they were banned there but after 9 people say it you'de think it would sink in. Either dont move there or give up the dog. Its that simple. "Thats not what I asked for" Well no sh!t sherlock... Even if you somehow get the dog approved (not likely) the airline staff will more than likely f**k him up so bad he wont be the same after the trip. Stop being selfish and find a solution.

10. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

theres alot better way to handle this its called a pm no need to be mean if it was that big of a proplem and yes they are banned but mines not a game breed his an amstaff and so people know agein he was a pporved by THE ANAMLE IMPORT BOARD or what ever the title i ddint know that i had to state that i figred people would just take my word for it guess not ALL I WAS ASKING is if any one had any experiance in movein thats all so please chill and is the airline the only weay to transport your dog see there something a simple yes or no answer could answer so please dont post in such a rude way if you have NO answers agein thats what a pm is for sir and if you havnt noticed i am trying to find a soultion or eles i wouldnt have posted if i would have know that some people would have gotten so puffed up over this i wouldnt have posted i guess thats my bad im sorry for the inconvince so if any adminstartes read thispost please close it i dont want this to get out of controle witch it looks like thats wheres it going

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.