1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

mountain cur pit mixes

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by jaystreetsA4, Feb 19, 2007.

1. jaystreetsA4

jaystreetsA4 Top Dog

anyone have one of these? i walk a dog now that kinda look like he could be a mix of these two breeds. ill get a pic of him soon but was curious if anyone has a pic of such a dog.

2. dwd58

dwd58 Big Dog

Check your Kemmer curs, most of them have pit in them.

3. Mtn Cur

Mtn Cur Big Dog

LOL Kemmers? ......those are Mountain Curs with a generous dash of Hound in them (sometimes too much, you get giant eared, cold nosed bawl mouthed "Curs" sometimes LMAO), not APBT. Same with Busher dogs. Pretty awesome dogs though.
    For Cur dog x Bulldog google for Catahoula pit bulls or Catahoula bulldogs... Mountain Cur crossed with APBT would look pretty similar.

Looks don't always tell a thing but temperement always will. :)

4. dwd58

dwd58 Big Dog

MT Cur...do you even know who the kemmer was started by? Robert kemmer....Do you know that he owns more pits than he does curs? I am no kemmer cur fan... in fact I am no cur fan at all...but I can assure you that most of them have some pit in them somewhere. Do your research on them.

5. Mtn Cur

Mtn Cur Big Dog

Well of course I know who Robert Kemmer is... As a member of the KSBA Kemmer Stock Breeder's Assoc. I know a little something. Don't assume nothing. I've sure "researched" Curs just a bit because I own, hunt, and train em. Some lines definitely have APBT in them I'm not saying nothing, so many different lines have different breeds nowadays. But I've never heard of breeding Pit into the Kemmer line itself...I know crosses between the two but not in the line itself. Should I ask Mr. Robert himself LOL. I am not a Kemmer person at all but I won't say a bad word about them Robert is a good guy and his are good dog's and that is that what matters.
    Sorry you're not a Cur fan but I sure am and that don't mean you can tell me I know nothing about them. Believe and like what you will and I'll do just the same :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2007
  6. dwd58

dwd58 Big Dog

Yes, Mr Robert is a nice guy. But take my word for it, there are several lines of Kemmers that have the pit in them. I would say most of the lines do. Some more than others. Especially the yellow jack line. Just like there are several lines of Plotts that have pit in them also. But you just go on and believe what you want. But I can tell you this knowledge is first hand. I aint going any further than that .

7. dwd58

dwd58 Big Dog

I just went back and looked at your profile. Exactly how much research you done on the kemmers in your time since you were only born in 1988? I got mud on my hunting boots that is older than you! That is the problem with you young punks, you aint made but a few trips to the woods and you know it all. this is my last response to you. Dont waste my time!

8. Mtn Cur

Mtn Cur Big Dog

I always thought Yellow Jack had some bull in him, but that doesn't mean the whole line of Kemmers been outcrossed. I never said I didn't trust your word. But I think the Kemmer line mostly came from the old OMCBA dogs. I know many lines of Plott do too, I'd bet the Crockett line does. But the most important thing is:
    A GOOD DOG IS A GOOD DOG. That's what counts.
    And BTW insulting me and bringing my age into this doesn't show a lot of maturity. Age don't mean nothing. Some folks are young and some folks are old. I hunt almost every day and I can say I got plenty of experience. I never said I was a "know it all" NO ONE knows everything in any thing! Especially not something like bloodlines of hunting dogs. But I've done my research, met great examples of all kinds of lines from all kinds of breeds and that's that.

9. Chopper

Chopper Big Dog

Anyone got a pic of one of those

10. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

A nice looking Kemmer Cur.

[​IMG]

And a Kemmer Feist.

[​IMG]

^Closer to what I have.

[​IMG]

Mountain Cur.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2008
  11. OnionHead

OnionHead Big Dog

I agree with completely

12. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

13. vvbesien

vvbesien Pup

photo.jpg

This is my girl Jako; After looking online, I do believe she is cur/pit. Any other ideas?