1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

MOTH$$$$$R FU$%#%R severed toe

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Doggenit, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Doggenit

Doggenit Pup

I can't explain how this happened, but one of my 1 week old pups toe's is severed nearly off....someone was carrying it and the door was closed on them and got one toe...Obviously I will take it to the vet in the morning, but I really want to keep this dog intact..Do I have any hope? Anyone have a dog missing a middle rear toe? I have lightly wrapped the foot with gauze and some medical tape in hopes of saving it..

2. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

Sweet as, my dogs mum ate a few toes off her littermate.

3. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

ummmmm since you will be taking it to the vet in the morning you can let us know how that goes then.... so why are you asking us for help :confused: :thinking:

4. Doggenit

Doggenit Pup

really just trying to ponder all options, and wandering in case It has to be removed, if someone had a dog with a missing toe...or if anyone had an experience like this and what/what not to say or ask the vet...ALSO NOT IN MY right state of mind when I started the original post...

5. popper

popper CH Dog

damn , goodluck . Hopefully everything works out... but let us know how it goes after the vet.

6. Doggenit

Doggenit Pup

lost about 1/3rd of his toe, but vet said he will be OK...

7. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

yeah i had a dog lose a toe to a snakebite once. he does just fine

8. feastodg

feastodg Big Dog

yeah dude you shouldnt even have bothered. there was no way to save the toe after waiting that long unless you knew how to suture it yourself

9. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

should have kept it on ice!;)