1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Most Recomended vitamins?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Esse818, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

What are the best vitamin pills fo dogs that can be bought in local stors like vitamine shop, walmart, etc.? what should i look for and what should i avoid? what age can i start(should i start) and what age should i stop?Last but not least at what doesage? sorry for asking to much but i want to learn. thanks in advance.

P.S. Should i even BE GIVING THEM VITAMINS PILLS?

2. Esse, under normal circumstances you should not be feeding vitamins. That money would be better spent on better kibble. Choosing to purchase a better kibble with the "vitamin" money will increase nutrient intake (what you are looking for) and at balanced levels (what you are looking for).

The only times you should be feeding supplements is when there is a deficiency in your dog or when working for a (conformation) show.

AND, NEVER, EVER, give a dog a calcium supplement through pills.

3. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

can u explain why that calcium supplement is so bad? Funny thing is that a bully breeder was telling me to when she was a pup, i did but stoped after a month or two when i didn't have time, i was going to start now thats why i asked. Thanks for the info.

the stupid things ppl do with out knowledge, at least i leaned somthing today.
    thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2007
  4. Good thing you asked. The reason why not to supplement calcium in pill form is because of its synthetic nature. The addition of synthetic calcium will surely create deficiencies of other nutrients. It would be like creating a nutrient barrier. You must learn that there are different types of calciums. Those kinds (natural) enable the absorption of other essential nutrients. Now, hit the books on this and come back and add to this for others to learn. That is your homework for today.:cool:

Forgot to mention, bones are a good source of calcium and phosphorus. YOU MUST ALWAYS REMEMBER TO KEEP BOTH AT BALANCED LEVELS!!!!

5. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

k teach wheres the books? this is a pubblic school so i know im gona get books from the 60's

ill be back

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2007
  6. i give my dog 1 vitamin a week on a off day because i cut her feed a half cup , they are called vetamins they work just fine i wouldnt use them everyday tho