1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Most aggresiv dogbred...?

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by realonebulldog, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my sisters chichua ( spelled wroong) is way more aggressive than my pit bull, the little thing is only 2 pounds and still a puppy and bullies my 50 pound pit around, but then again fauna thinks its her puppy and lets it bite and chase her, but that thing is way aggressive for a pup

2. Mouser

Mouser Big Dog

If you have a pit bull that gets along well with other dogs, good for you, but it's not the normal behaviour of the game bred pitbulls, I have seen. As stated Amstaffs, American bulldogs, Bullterriers, Staffordshire bull terriers, are mild as a whole compared to APBT's, but even with in these breeds some will rival a good pit in aggression, just not ability. If you are seeking a non-aggressive dog, get a beagle, other-wise just take all of the procautions you can to be a responsible owner of a great breed of dog.

3. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

What the hell are you trying to do here? These dogs were bred, are bred, & should be bred for one thing: gameness. Gameness is NOT dog aggression, it's NOT the ability to concentrate, it's something completely above all that. Dog aggression is a result of what they were bred to do....not something they were bred strictly for. Just b/c a dog back then was dog aggressive didn't mean it would win.

I'm unsure as to what the heck your purpose is.................

Bakercloud and rocksteady like this.
  4. 440rider

440rider Guest

When dealing with the APBT I'm not sure I'd even term it as aggression i dont like the two being paired together "aggressive apbt" but the fact is that in this breed specific dogs can be very dog aggressive NOT PEOPLE AGGRESSIVE BY ANY MEANS. First and foremost all dogs are judged on an individual basis and aggression runs in dogs small to large and in all breeds. There are also many types of aggression. I dont belieive aggression is bred into dogs it dates back to the predomestic wolf days it's not something where you take 2 dogs that show aggression and stick them together to develop an all around aggressive animal. The APBT is bred for gameness and Drive...this has been developed thought many years of selective breeding and focus on a specific sport in mind...so the dogs of today that turn on and drive for other animals is more of a developed prey drive for a specific task . Depending on the individual animal they may posses it or not....by drive i mean prey driven not chase driven as in the following....

A prey driven dog will chase with a great deal of focus on the object it is pursuing and a definite goal of attaining access to its target. A chase driven dog will also chase but usually not with the same intensity or absolute drive to reach its target as the end goal. Many of you have done chase games with both types of dogs. The prey driven dog will drive as hard as it can until it reaches you and when it does you or your toy usually gets hit like a ton of bricks. The chase driven dog can be somewhat frustrating as it will chase you, but not with the drive or intense targeting behavior of the prey driven dog. This dog will often pursue the handler in chase games, but will run on by and not follow through to actually catch the handler. The chase driven dog usually does not exhibit the sudden increased burst of speed that a prey driven dog will when the handler increases their speed.

5. fightingability needs no aggresion.......my dog spike(34kg) is aggresive...one time he attackt an elephant at a circus near my house..lol... i had one hell of luck and ged him before he could start his armagedon...and my other dog jimbo is friendly to everyone...include every dog...and one time when i was not at home my wife forgot to separate them...they get at each other and you know what happened? The little friendly dog jimbo (24kg!!!) a rednose nearly killed my rough, tough and aggresive spike! And he is realy friendly, but i think spike jumped for reasons i dont know at him and he had to fight..and he did! Right now they go well with each other...but i separate them every time i go out..:)

6. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Are you having fun yet?

7. 420puffer

420puffer Big Dog

WTH? Did I say anything at all about fighting ability? You're off your own topic here

8. Mouser

Mouser Big Dog

I will say some pits are very tolerent of submissive dogs, if they feel the dog isn't a threat to them, they will often leave them be, and that goes for pups even chewing on them. Sometimes you can keep opposite sex dogs together, but try that will a pair of males or females that haven't been watered down with foreign blood, and you will have a accident waiting to happen, and your wait probably wouldn't be long. IF your pitbull shows any signs of aggression towards a human, it ain't worth it's salt. I'll give an example. My friend was lying on the couch watching the TV. with his son, he must have dozed off, anyway he hears his male game-bred pit making a noise, and opens his eyes to his son with his little finger stuck in the dogs eye, if that had been any other kind of dog, the kid would have been bite. Before any one jumps on that, I also think my friend should have been watching his kid closer, but accidents do happen. Morale of the story, APBT's can make one of the worlds best pets, if in the hands of a compentent owner, and one that loves their merits, and accepts their vices.

9. Mouser

Mouser Big Dog

Quote from 440 Rider" The prey driven dog will drive as hard as it can until it reaches you and when it does you or your toy usually gets hit like a ton of bricks. The chase driven dog can be somewhat frustrating as it will chase you, but not with the drive or intense targeting behavior of the prey driven dog. This dog will often pursue the handler in chase games, but will run on by and not follow through to actually catch the handler. The chase driven dog usually does not exhibit the sudden increased burst of speed that a prey driven dog will when the handler increases their speed." Are you talking about teaching a APBT to be an attack dog?????

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2006
  10. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

There are too many dog breeds and dogs of the same breed tend to differ, so I dont think that the question can actually have a definite answer.

11. You have to explain what exactly you mean miakoda...why should i E X A C T L Y yet have fun....im confused...

12. nah i saw a show on the discovery channel and theres this breed called the caucus or caucasian mountain dog and its huge and fury... its like over 100lbs and they encourage aggression of every type in that breed, human and animal... basically if u own one, it will like its immediate close knit kin and THAT'S IT

13. wisconsindog

wisconsindog Big Dog

well most dogs fight is silince exspecially the good ones showing nothing just strait foward dogs on a mission so call it what u will but im am sick of humaniacs that dont know are breed or how the breed acts sh......t

14. 440rider

440rider Guest

i was pointing out the difference between prey and chase driven without an animal as the central point...i dont beleive APBT sould be in any form an attack dog or human aggressive.

15. wisconsindog

wisconsindog Big Dog

i dont think they should be used as guard dogs unless resposibly trained for police dogs maybe if they had them like sheoperds they would be accepted infact i know they woyuld just like dobermans

16. Did i say fightingability? O yes right...sooo sorry...can you forgive me...?:)

17. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

alright,,realonebulldog,,in a minute I am going to have to call u a nitwit

18. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

minutes up.

19. sajoseph

sajoseph Pup

Since the topic is "most aggressive dog breed" I will reply with a Pekenese. No doubt-an old chinese fighting dog. They used to smack the noses to flatten and break the legs to bow, they are meaner then sin, and if they were better, they'd be outlawed!

LOL! But sooo true.

**Edit-"challenging" other dog breeds or looking for a fight is HIGHLY illegal, do not do it on this board or anywhere else if you enjoy your freedom! -14rock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.