1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Mosquitoes

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by kwatts04, Nov 22, 2004.

1. kwatts04

kwatts04 Pup

any one have any idea about how to keep mosquitoes away from a dog?????

2. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

I've used a couple of products that work really well..One is called horse and stable spray the other Bronco spray ..they also work well for flies and you can spray the yard with them too.
    Only bad thing is that you need to apply them more often since they are water soulable.

Theres a few homemade remedies that work really well, too

And I guess it would depend on how bad the mosquitos are.

Check your local Farm store (like tractor suplly) or check on line at KV Vet Supply or even Jeffers Vet Supply... they should be in the links section

another thing. make sure the yard is free of any stand water and things that would collect water Clear out any brush , tall weeds, grass etc or places that collect alot of moisture. This stuff harbors mosquitos ..

3. pit stop

pit stop Pup

I use Advantix for flea and tic control, it helps with mosquitos as well.

4. SouthALknls

SouthALknls Big Dog

We use Bronco fly spray and we have fly bags hanging all around our yard. Seems to work really well.

5. sedona

sedona Pup

Advantix works great on fleas, ticks, and mosquitos, skin-so-soft works good as well. You can also go to a tack shop (horse supply store) and get sprays that work well. We use OFF bug repellent on the horses though, we don't bother spending the extra money at the tack shop. I've never tried it on dogs, but it may work.

6. wayne1967

wayne1967 Pup

I tried skin so soft, work alright but one of my dogs had a reaction to it and broke out in bumps all over. weird huh.