1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

More then just a Mutt

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by pit#5, Jul 17, 2009.

1. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

I want this pup, If looks could this is a beast

Attached Files:

2. Chump

Chump Banned

Very interesting thread. Props to you Pit#5!

3. supertank

supertank Big Dog

Good read great pics.

4. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

As I do up this picture thing, I meet people that I don’t know , So when I hear statements I have to go with it as truth . Here is a stout dog that I was told is ¾ red nose pit ¾ American bull dog ? ? ? ? Anyway he said he also has a , 35 pound 9 year old female PB out of J Colby lines who terrorize this larger dog . I did see wounds on this beefy mix. The owner also showed me puncture wounds on his own body (human) from breaking up the fight . I have to say they were deep puncture wounds on his calf , shoulder , and arm - I was surprised he had no dressing on them.
    I realize accidental dogs fights can happen , I had it happen with my dogs but never got hit as what I saw on this guy. Never say Never but I believe this breed is supposed to be - Sharp - Calm and Focused that they will not bite a human during turmoil
    During the innocent days of my ownership of my first dogs in the 1990’s I had my share of scraps , I always could reach in pull them apart never once did I get hit .

Attached Files:

5. riffraff

riffraff Pup

excellent thread pit 5 keep it up bud

6. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

Shorty rescue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

Some times during persecution of the APBT even i remember saying "my dogs got some Lab Sheppard or some kind of hunting dog " just to get some ass H*** APBT hater off my back . I don't believe i fooled them but it usually at least shut them up with bias's attitudes.
    Well this dog is an APBT no mix here no faking any one out if a witch hunt kicks in. the woman told me she loves her dog, just be careful around him as he has never been the same since he got fixed.
    I was scratching his chin I just think people have such fear that they spook the dog.

Attached Files:

8. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

Thanks for the incentive to keep going , Some times i see many situations
    like PBs with heads out car windows as some one is driving. Many just out an about , still i just can't always get the pic. I am seeing though the abundance of the breed is still rampant in the north east, It is not slowing down at all !!
    I found this picture, is this scrappy the rescue PB from WW1?

Attached Files:

9. n2bulldogs

n2bulldogs Banned

You mean Stubby from WWII ??? :cool:

10. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

Thats correct Stubby, I got mixed up from Pic #1, but here is a pic of Stubby

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2010
  11. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

A nice little male 11 weeks old. - BYB - I always get a kick out of the harness on a puppy, it shows a sensitivity of owner not to harm the throat

Attached Files:

12. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

I should get out there and take some pics, but first I have to find my misplaced camera . What I will say is this - MORE - MORE - and no end to how many i see each day, even i stopped noticing there are so many

13. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

I know this is old but the lady looks like the mom on that honey booboo show

14. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

Stubby is from WW1. He was half APBT half Boston terrier. A one of a kind dog to say the least.

15. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

Stubby was a stray of unknown breeding and described as small with a rat tail. In the papers at his decoration he was called a Boston Bull terrier. The museum piece is much bigger and not Stubby.

He was an unknown breed.

Box Bulldog likes this.
  16. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

What ever he was he was one hell of a dog I think we can all agree on that!

Robertosilva likes this.
  17. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

Meh. Nothing no other dog couldn't have done lol. He was a famous dog…

3/4 + 3/4 of only two breeds is a genetic impossibility. I know he's long gone, but still.

reddirt redneck and AGK like this.
  18. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

He is still around here. Has a new name.

19. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

3/4 + 3/4 - Thats a dog and a half, lol. If he meant one parent was 3/4 red nose and the other 3/4 American Bulldog, maybe. Wonder what he got banned for. Looking through old threads everyone seems banned.

20. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

There has been lots of very good scatter bred out crossed no pedigree dogs. I would think there are very few dogs that are 100 percent true to there papers. Paper hanging has been done for ever and is still being done. Many dogmen would make fake papers so you dont have what you think you have but they know what you have so only they know whats working and what is not. And guys that have 50+ dogs don't know whats been bred to what half the time and a bunch of pups in a pen from different litters lots of times it would be just a guess in my view anyhow. I am sure there has been dogmen that also have stayed very true to there breeding as well but there is lots that have not. Performance and looks speak for them self. Papers are just what they are Paper.

WNK likes this.