1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

more texas news

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by TERRIBLE TEXAS, Aug 16, 2004.

1. By Andres Araiza, KRIS-TV
    August 9, 2004

CORPUS CHRISTI - After Thursday's pit bull attack, one animal activist is calling for the city to consider an ordinance to ban the dogs. 6News talked with some council members today, to see how they feel about this issue.

These little guys love their rescuer Sherry Dunlap. She's been helping and loving animals for the past twenty years. Except for one breed of dogs, the pit bull.

"They were genetically designed to kill bulls and bears," says Dunlap. "Their temperament has been documented through the years as an attack dog. They are associated with fighters, drug dealers and gang bangers."

Dunlap once had this pit bull, until it went on a rampage tearing open one dog's throat and going after several people.

Now, Dunlap wants the Corpus Christi City Council to ban the ownership and breeding of the animals. She says more than two hundred communities across the nation have outlawed pit bulls. We asked some council members whether they would ban pit bulls. Many like Jesse Noyola, Melody Cooper and Rex Kinnison said they have never considered a ban but are willing to examine the problem.

Bill Kelley is growing more alarmed with the recent incidents and has at one time considered a ban, but he is hesitant to impose any restrictions on breeders. So it doesn't look like the council will take immediate action. That's not stopping Dunlap from sharing her feelings about pit bulls.

"They have a short in their brain. There's no way to explain why they flip and turn on people," said Dunlap. "A fear that will continue to run in dunlap's mind, because it looks like pit bulls are here to stay." City Ordinances require you to have a license for any pet a cat or a dog 4-months old. The license fee is $50 dollars, however the impoundment fee for an unlicensed pet is $95.00.
    This story is written and published by KRIS Communications.

2. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Oh great, just what the world needs, another self-proclaimed pitbull expert without a damn clue about the dogs they speak of.....If anyone truly wished to find out why the dog has a "short" in its brain, they need only look as far as the closest wannabe tough guy backyard breeder. We all know the type, the idiot that feeds the dog gun powder, encourages its human aggression, isolates them in a basement or garage, and then brags about how many people it's bitten or how it's kicked the ass of every Lab, Chow and Poodle it's seen. Do that dumb ass shit with any breed and see what ya get........:eek: Nuff Said

3. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

Is there anyway someone could contact whoever wrote this article? That person that says that our dogs have short in their brain is very misinformed. I'm in no way saying I'm an expert, but damn its common sense thats not true. How can a dog just have a short in their brain. lol. There is always some reason a dog is triggered to bite someone. The main reason for this are the backyard breaders who are producing man biters. This is silly to me. I saw this guy at the gas station yesterday and he asked me if my dog was aggressive. I was like uhh no. She hates other dogs(so don't come over here with your dog unless you want it) But I just looked at him and shook my head. He said yeh they are good dogs as long as you don't fight them because they turn on you. I just blew it off because I didn't feel like debating at that time. lol I think someone who owns these dogs and has a lot of experience should send informational tapes or something on the breed in to city counsel memebers everywhere. These people have no idea what this dog is about, YET they pass ban laws on the breed. They are wanting to ban these dogs, but they have no idea of what other monsters are out there. There are other breeds that are BIGGER and stronger than pitbulls. They have no idea. They are going to ban this pitbull breed, but there are other monsters people are creating out there. I know this one guy from Africa who tells me that over there they are crossing Pitbulls, bulldogs, cane corsos, canario presas, and all sorts of other stuff in there. He said this "new" breed of dog is like an experiment and these dogs make pitbulls look like kittens.