1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

More of a good-bye

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by NCPatchwork, Jul 30, 2006.

1. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

This is more of a good-bye than an introduction. Sometime this week or the next, PetSmart will be sending me to Charlotte to become a Pet Trainer. I will be gone for 2 weeks to learn all that I need to become one. Please, keep in touch, I need any and all encouragement while I am gone, but I will only be able to get online when I come home to visit. Thanks guys! I'll tell you the exact date later!

2. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Oh no! I'll miss ya and good luck. I'll give ya my email so check your PMs!

3. Suki

Suki Guest

good luck! and be sure to teach them how to properly handle an APBT!!!;)

4. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

Be sure its what you really want to do. My friends mom was a tariner beforehand and applied for petsmart and now has to do things THIER way. She hates it. and she says the classes are crap (which I already know because I have taken a few, I also work there so I get to hear people complain about how thier dog is still bad and doesnt listen). She is considering quiting because its petsmarts way or the highway . and petsmarts way isnt all that good.

5. CB

CB CH Dog

Your coming to my area thats cool. If you ever want to come look at some dogs or talk about dogs then hit me up.

6. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

Good Luck,,,the training can't hurt

7. Attila

Attila Guest

glory be! Two weeks of training to be a trainer. I pray that they can keep you busy full time to make it worth the while of going to a large city like that. I expect they will be funding your move and a conciderable benifit package yes? Maybe you'll get the pleasure of meeting CB and his dogs. I have enough friends out on the east coast I should make one last tour of it. It has been about 18 years about from my last visit any place in the east. Unless you count overseas. In that case I have been so far east I was nearly back to the USA. lol I pray that it is a wonderful experience for you and it furthers your career. Keep a list of coustomers as references for a higher more professional job as a trainer for large kennel or an independant contractor. There is good money in that if your good. I have faith that you will be and probably rate better than the one who will be trying to teach you to be a dog trainer. Try not to internalize the out line as a coded thought pattern. Some things I am sure you'll want to change once you head out on your own. I found gaps in their out line. It is suitable for a pet. Not a working dog and for sure not a show dog. I think its best benifit is that it is a socializatoin opprotunity for your pets with other dogs and getting some basics down in the process. I wish the best for you and will have you in my prayers as well. I hope that you will find the time to continue to be a part of this site I have really injoyed your post.

WB

8. asaj

asaj Big Dog

Its not a good bye! its a see ya all later! I wish you the all the best, even if it turns out to something that you dont like, you will learn something! I have worked in many contrys, some good ,some not so good. But I have always learned something!
    Funny! one of my best friend just moved back to USA, from St.Lucia. He lives in Charlotte!!!! I will PM you!

9. lil_bit807

lil_bit807 Big Dog

Good luck !!!

10. Hope you a wonderful 2 weeks.....I look foward to your coming back (to teach us what you learned)...lol, Hope you have a great time...enjoy, we will miss you for 2 weeks!

11. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

Thanks everyone. When I took the classes myself, I saw several gaps, especially for the people, like me, who wanted to show their dogs. I thought they needed a stand command. I intend to somewhat change some of the "scenery" in the classes and help not only the pet people, but the show people also! Thanks so much everyone!

12. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

Best of luck!!! I'm interested to see how things go- please keep me posted, I'm sending you my email in a PM!

13. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

Okay..here is an update...I have to be there tomorrow by 12...nice notice, huh? Anyways..its all good...Talk to y'all soon! Have a nice week and pm me anytime you want!

14. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

Hope alls well for ya now. Good luck & change some minds for us all. Take care!

15. Attila

Attila Guest

Me too I did it just to see what it was about. A stance, stand commands are needed. and the sit when you stop ommited. Watch me is ok I suppose. I use a different command but the action is about the same. I use different things for differnt people. Not all the dogs I work with stay in the United States or belong to English speaking folks.

I hope you do great and much better than the person I did the course with. I used it with Pudgy my male Shar-Pei. Then I had to really stop some habits that he picked up or that I allowed him to do that I should not have like the sit when we stop deal. It is harder to break one than make one I will tell you that for sure.

16. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

I'm back for two days! I am moving in with my dad...and I'm having to go down to one dog...it's killing me slowly...thats for sure. I'm only going to be able to keep Phantom, but I intend to find a place soon...I'm two days ahead in Charlotte. I have never seen so many pits..thats for sure. Also, I saw my first "LARGE" pit bull in person...I was shocked to see it....Anyways...I miss y'all soo much...Have a great week!