1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

More Colorado Cities Consider Pit Bull Bans

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by Marty, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Marty

Marty Guest

Denver, CO -- Either Lafayette or Longmont might become the next Colorado community to ban pit bulls.

Denver, Louisville, Castle Rock and Fort Lupton have full bans on the breed, while Aurora this fall enacted a measure that outlaws new pit bulls and other dogs that are bred for fighting.

A former mayor of Lafayette, Sue Klempan, said she was planning to raise the subject before the City Council this week.

Klepman said her husband was attacked by a neighbor's pit bull after the dog attacked and killed their cat. A visitor accidentally let the dog out of its house, according to the Daily Camera.

The dog's owner, Andrea Effertz, told the Camera that she got rid of her dog after the attack.

Humane Society of Boulder Valley officials said their pit bull population has grown dramatically in the past year. Humane Society representatives said they have been involved in an effort to go around to different Colorado communities and educate them about dangerous dogs.

Longmont is also considering taking up a pit bull ban at some point in the near future.

http://cbs4denver.com/local/local_story_346172617.html

2. Courtney

Courtney Guest

Re: More Colorado Cities Consider Pit Bulls Bans

Ths ban on these dogs is OUTRAGOUS! I can not believe that we live in America and dont have the freedom to have our choices on what dogs we want to have. Pit Bulls
    are very good dogs and as a Pet Trainer I have one. I believe these dogs ARE THE VICTIMS. Not people. People are NOT aware what some of these dogs go through and to think they are getting put down because of their owners mistakes. THat seems a little messed up to me. Media has made the images of these dogs look like blood killing animals and ITS not TRUE. If you are a narrow minded person who hates this breed or does not like it try to look into the breed. Studies show that the breed that has the most dog bites a year are Retrivers BUT you dont see media going after them. This shows how biast our society is. Im ashamed to live in a state and country that has these laws. Japan doesnt have these laws so why should we?