1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

monsanto agressively sues farms for saving seeds

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by old goat, Jun 28, 2013.

1. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Big Dog

Ok Danny let me explain this for you. Liberty link gene is owned by Bayer crop science. The roundup ready gene is owned by Monsanto. The Herculex gene is owned by DOW agri science and Pioneer. Pioneer was bought by DuPont complete in 1999. Every seed company that uses one of these technologies pays the other for that use.

The name aqua max is no more than a name. It is only a marketing tool for a corn that was selectively breed to withstand drought conditions. This name has nothing to do with any GMO. Just a trade name that conveys the point that this specific corn is highly tolerant to drought.

Now the aqua max corn does contain genes such as Herculex, liberty link, and roundup ready. But they pay for the use of each just as anyone does. So in a sense thru usage agreements they do have a deal with Monsanto. Just as all the other seed companies that use RR technology.

2. old goat

old goat CH Dog

http://www.naihc.org/KerrIHbenefits.pdf
    http://www.i-sis.org.uk/MDSGBTC.php

shotgun what do you think about the soya and corn jeff gains ? if you plant hemp it grows fast and tall and does let sun reach the ground so no weeds . then plant corn or whatever so you don't have to use as much poison . but as always monsanto is getting their seeds ready . they will take over the world food and fiber supply if we don't stop them and that's what they want to do . they just sit back and watch cross pollination . and what about the sheep in india dying from eating in a field of cotton ? i wonder what happened to 1800+ sheep ?

3. old goat

old goat CH Dog

http://www.naihc.org/KerrIHbenefits.pdf

what do you think about this . hemp grows tall fast and blocks the sun from reaching the ground . then you harvest and replant corn or whatever and not have to use as much chemicals . shotgun have you ever seen hemp clothing or know that hemp will stop nausea and gives you hunger and no high ? and i know this by experience . i think like i posted before monsanto will take over that market fast as soon as the legalize hemp .

4. Dannyb

Dannyb Big Dog

Is there an echo? I just explained this to you, right? I previously posted that DuPont owns Pioneer. I also pointed out that gmos and ag chem corps align their gene technologies to better themselves financially. I posted a link showing clearly the that gmos are engineering seeds to work with certain chemicals and how they are marketed to work with certain partners advanced fertilizer solutions.

Liberty Link is a gene introduced to make the plant capable of surviving Liberty herbicide.

Now as long as we all know that the link old goat provided never said "Pioneer makes fertilizer". Then there's no more confusion.

5. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Big Dog

Man talking to u is like talking to a freaking rock. My entire post was to explain aquamax is not a chemical. I tell y'all what. Y'all wage ur war against the almighty Monsanto and freak out about all the chemicals while enjoying ur joints and pills along with some booze. All I can do when I read these post is shake my head and say these folks are nuts. I wish I had never tried being the sane one.

6. old goat

old goat CH Dog

7. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

Old goat hemp is the best plant on earth and I not just talking bout smoking

8. Dannyb

Dannyb Big Dog

I don't smoke, take ANY pills or even drink much more than a cup of fire that i brew from my own crop, every once in a while. I see you are frustrated and that's contributing to even more belligerent and misleading statements. You seem to have more of an issue with how I choose to enjoy myself than any statement I make and that's unfortunate.

I know aquamax is a marketing wrapper for a bunch of gene tech made to work with specific chems made by the big boys. The link doesn't say pioneer makes fert. You twisted a lot of concepts and facts in this thread to try and make your point and I called you out. Would you like me to post some corporate conference calls to shareholders and investors? Executives boast about gene tech engineered to work with certain partner chems and/or fert solutions. You don't need to believe me! I just present them in their own words.

I don't need to go to war with monsanto any more than I need to beat up a five year old. The seed I engineer through age old human selection grows produce that sells at a healthy premium to any gmo. Gmo is strictly engineered for quantity. It's a gimmick and I cant pass it to My children, i cant pass ot to the next harvest! It's for farmers who got out smarted and out maneuvered by bugs and weeds. You dont need to genetically modify a plant to withstand enough chemical to kill a newborn baby just to stop an insect. You can select and breed to a phenotype that shows a reseliency to it and cross if need be. There are many pollin chuckers just like me who continuously catch an even bigger profit on our seed because these gmo seed makers are nothing more than a bunch of text book geeks in labs wearing respirators. instead of breeding with nature they breed to fight it. Nature wins. Every talented breeder and farmer is more in demand because of these big corps. I don't like to generalize, but I will here for the sake of argument, farmers using gmo are mostly amateurs, 1st gen types who see a few spider mites and think God cursed the land.

I don't even see anything wrong with gmo as a concept. But these companies manufacture seeds to withstand and require you to buy their heavy chemicals. They aren't trying to create healthy food or breed in a natural, inherent resistance. Their seeds are actually garbage.

9. Danny "They aren't trying to create healthy food or breed in a natural, inherent resistance"

Yes, because "traditional" farmers are? Monsanto is a symptom (see by product) of weak and lazy folks "trying" instead of "doing". This is analogous to the dynamics between physicians and insurance companies. Statements regarding Venter clearly show a lack of understanding of the nuances of his discipline and standing among his peers.

10. Dannyb

Dannyb Big Dog

I don't know about "traditional" farmers, but successful farmers select the best phenotypes of a specific variety to breed seed. They find the best plant, that holds up to their specific conditions and performs the best. It's been going on since the first people who ever collected seeds to produce food.

I understand everything I need to know about Venter. He's a glorified intellectual who shops his biotech companies to conglomerates like Monsanto. But his fellow "thinker types" think of him as hack with a corporate sponsorship. Not too complex.

11. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Old Goat they can patent all the weed seeds they want. I got several different hierlooms I been doing for 35 years. As for alcohol, some of us still know how to do our own. A person and country as far as that goes should be able to support themselves.

12. old goat

old goat CH Dog

we all need to teach the kids at a young again how the hurt fish and grow their veggies . 35 years it must be very nice .

13. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Life in the fast lane is nice for awhile but you just cant beat the simple life. Especially after all the rowdy years start catchin up. lol

14. Dannyb

Dannyb Big Dog

I couldn't agree more. Alcohol is easy to make. It's even easy to learn how to make it smooth and refined in your own home if you work at it. It takes no formal education to grow your own livestock, fruits, vegetables.

The biggest lie these corporate giants want to brainwash everyone into is that we actually NEED them. The biggest problem is not the education system but the disconnect in passing on simple common sense knowledge through generations.

15. bootsbjj

bootsbjj Banned

:lol:

Roger that! "Retired" a couple years ago after having my first kid at 40. Only 25 or so years for me, and never any trouble (well, not BIG trouble). I can't say I don't miss it sometimes....Still got some "heirlooms" tucked away, though...

I don't smoke the stuff, but I never understood why folks don't grow their own tobacco....?

16. It does make it difficult to talk about a subject you " ..don't know about...". Although you go on to describe an idealized model of traditional farming but not before you illustrate the phenomenon of "shifting a baseline" by using "successful" as the new criterion. Can you please define "successful"? Isn't Monsanto very "successful" at what they do? In fact, it looks like the unsuccessful (see losers) are whining on this thread about the successful (see winners).
    When someone explicitly states "I understand everything I need to know about ........", they are acknowledging that they are unwilling to get a more comprehensive understanding of the subject and are not open to data that would invalidate their current views. The great L. Margulis would characterize this as a "pre-conceived notion which is unscientific". I think plant husbandry is a scientific discipline which means it operates within the parameters and framework of Science. But let me reiterate, you clearly are ignorant of Venter, his discipline, his peers, the dynamics of all three.
    I had the privilege of attending the "What is life debate" , hosted by ASU and put on by Professor Krauss. Participants included Dawkins, Venter and Davies.

I see a problem with folks that do not value education and hard work.

17. Dannyb

Dannyb Big Dog

Chicken, you just type a bunch of nothing and argue to argue. If you want to discuss anything related to agriculture or seed making, I'd be happy to. If you have something to add to my description of venter, go ahead.

I never said Monsanto wasn't successful.

Education is not real, working experience and education is not smarts. I'd rather be smart than educated and so would any farmer trying to pull food from the earth on a continual basis. Your privileged asu debate is on YouTube, if anyone cares to be put to sleep. I wouldn't trust any one of those dopes to grow a dandelion, let alone produce food.

18. Dannyb

Dannyb Big Dog

Chicken, you just type a bunch of nothing and argue to argue. If you want to discuss anything related to agriculture or seed making, I'd be happy to. If you have something to add to my description of venter, go ahead.

I never said Monsanto wasn't successful.

Education is not real, working experience and education is not smarts. I'd rather be smart than educated and so would any farmer trying to pull food from the earth on a continual basis. Your privileged asu debate is on YouTube, if anyone cares to be put to sleep. I wouldn't trust any one of those dopes to grow a dandelion, let alone produce food.

19. old goat

old goat CH Dog

20. old goat

old goat CH Dog