1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Money Mayweather & Sellout Diaz

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by babedulce, Sep 18, 2011.

1. babedulce

babedulce Big Dog

Money Mayweather & Sellout Diaz

I am as dissapointed with boxing nowadays as I am surprised by this new dramatic twist that mayweather concocted to keep audiences plugged through his innovative marketing scheme.

It now seems that Mayweather brought his WWE experience to the table and added a little of Vince McMahon's spice into the boxin world, which, by the way, has a long history of fixed matches, but none with shameless theatrics with which this match ended.

Did you see the refs face of utter astonishment as Mayweather landed the second and conclusive punch. His eyes just about pooped out of his face. Priceless.

Thankfully I avoided the payperview rip off.
    So the bottom line is about 40 million for "Money" and a couple mill for Diaz + what he will undoubtedly will get under the table for his services and a possible rematch to double his take.

Feel free to post your personal opinion.

2. venom

venom Top Dog

Re: Money Mayweather & Sellout Diaz

I highly doubt that match was staged...
    The fight was hand picked for floyd to win, yeah... thats just how boxing is.
    But you dont fight someone you know you will beat, then set it up for him to take the fall lol

3. elibred

elibred Big Dog

hmm sombody read my post i see lol

4. hardluck

hardluck Banned

i was pissed off the whole fuckin night and you are right about the WWE statement. May has no honor in his god given talents. he praises god after every fight but the way he acts is far form holly. he is a tasteless boxer. i will not buy that arrogant mans boxing matches for the rest of his carrer, unless he fights pac lol. Your damed right that was picked fight for May, but you know what im glad Ortiz got laid the fuck out. he showed me a just how cheap and weak of an opponent he really was. i was really wanting him to win even though i new the their was a slim chance of ortiz winning. mine and the whole las vegas center heart was for Ortiz. that moment when he tried to head butt May, i was thrown off by him. this whole time his camp was talking about may using elbows and he is gonna head butt may on life tv? that was cheap. then he is gonna go and try to hug may in the middle of the ring after the bell like a fag and think things are fine. if i was may i would of laid into ortiz too. may did a tasteless thing by sucker punching him while talking but your not suppose to talk in a boxing match and that is Ortizs fault. May's will go into the boxing hall of fame but his name will be forever tainted with stage picking and arrogance like no other man of the face of the earth.

5. elibred

elibred Big Dog

im glad im not the only one who could see trough the bs

6. Texican

Texican Big Dog

7. hardluck

hardluck Banned

his future self promotion was impacted by that last fight. people are going to wait for the weekend after to watch his fight on HBO. i know i am. people are tired of seeing his picked fights and it is being shown in that boxing insider report with the amount generated from the sales. he still made a shit load of money still i think 40 million or more no less than 40 mill i know that much. i think ortiz only got like 2mill + a small % of sales on the paperview sales lol thats the funny part. i dont think Ortiz had a big fan base to generate the extra dollars into the match.
    BHOP!!!!! ON THE 15 TEXICAN. THE OLD MAN IS HOLDING IT DOWN! i hope he doesnt lose i want him to keep making new records for his age. i dont think he will anyways its a safe bet on this one. he beat pascal and pascal beat dawson, but i still think it will be a good fight.

8. Texican

Texican Big Dog

Yea definately interested in watching the old man do his thing from here on out, 46 yrs old and title holder, that is a record in its own self, I have noticed a trend in which older fighters are coming on strong like a old Honda, high miles and still running strong, sergio Martinez, Juan Manuel marquez, soon mayflower bhop,Jorge Arce to name a few

9. venom

venom Top Dog

Yeah, I think that is sports in general now a days. Seems like atheletes, medicine, and knowledge of body and nutrition have come a long way over the years. Seems like its a lot of people in all sports defying their age in this last decade.

10. babedulce

babedulce Big Dog

JuanMa/Pacquiao is definitely one to watch. Judging by the way JuanMa dispatched his last opponent I am certain that he has his heart completly in this fight and it will be a true match.

I got to see the UFC event this Saturday and I must say that more and more I am leaning more in this direction when it comes to viewing fights. Practically all of the fights were way more entertaining than anything I have seen in boxing lately, especially the Frankie Edgar match vs Gray Maynard. There is a Halloween event scheduled as well as the Nov 12 event that has Cain Velasquez in the main event.